heads up Windows users

Help Support CattleToday:

greybeard

Reaction score
If you haven't already, you are going to be seeing yet another unrequested icon on your taskbar of your computer.
Copilot preview. :mad:

It's an AI program so you can use artificial intelligence to 'do crap' .

"RESISTANCE IS FUTILE..YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED!"

The damn designers of all this tech do it to impress each other... instead of to help consumers. People in the industry always seem to think that they are so far ahead of the average user... but we are all waiting for them to catch up with our expectations.

Seems like most new technology is met with resistance early on. Battery operated power tools, fuel injection engines, computers, internet, cell phones, microwave ovens, epd's, genomics, digital tv, battery operated watches, air conditioning, running water and indoor toilets, automobiles, social media, EID tags and such.

Some of those things are seen as necessities now by most people.

Seems like most new technology is met with resistance early on. Battery operated power tools, fuel injection engines, computers, internet, cell phones, microwave ovens, epd's, genomics, digital tv, battery operated watches, air conditioning, running water and indoor toilets, automobiles, social media, EID tags and such.

Some of those things are seen as necessities now by most people.
That is a good point but I don't thing cord vs cordless is on the same level as AI.

AI to me means artificial insemination As a user of windows 10 and I don't see anything new on the taskbar.
I still use a buggy whip. I've got my livestock trained and now I don't need the whip anymore. I say Come Up and they come to me. I say Whip Away! and they leave, rapidly.

If you haven't already, you are going to be seeing yet another unrequested icon on your taskbar of your computer.
Copilot preview. :mad:

It's an AI program so you can use artificial intelligence to 'do crap' .

"RESISTANCE IS FUTILE..YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED!"
There is no such thing as AI! The algorithm's (instructions to the computer) are written by humans therefore AI is neither "Artificial" nor "Intelligent". I've got a BIL coming over this morning to try and clean my confuser (computer) up of all that crap that has been loaded on that I did not request or want. It takes about 10 minutes for my PC to boot up and even then I have to close everything that does not look like I need. POS Windows.

There is no such thing as AI! The algorithm's (instructions to the computer) are written by humans therefore AI is neither "Artificial" nor "Intelligent". I've got a BIL coming over this morning to try and clean my confuser (computer) up of all that crap that has been loaded on that I did not request or want. It takes about 10 minutes for my PC to boot up and even then I have to close everything that does not look like I need. POS Windows.
Doubters are gonna doubt. Horseless carriages are never going to catch on.
The basis for AI is that it doesn't need the algorithms written for it. It "learns" as it interacts with other computers and people. It basically writes its own "algorithms" or in other words learns. I saw an example of one that was learning. It was presented with a question in a foreign language that it had not been trained on. It decided which language it was, went and "trained" itself in that language and then answered the question, correctly, in that language. The researchers overseeing the learning were somewhat amazed when they saw the result, knowing that there was no knowledge of that language in any shape or form in its "training"
The AI transformation of our world is at hand and will be a giant leap forward somewhat akin to the birth & widespread usage of computers. Productivity & research are about to progress forward at light speed.

Doubters are gonna doubt. Horseless carriages are never going to catch on.
The basis for AI is that it doesn't need the algorithms written for it. It "learns" as it interacts with other computers and people. It basically writes its own "algorithms" or in other words learns. I saw an example of one that was learning. It was presented with a question in a foreign language that it had not been trained on. It decided which language it was, went and "trained" itself in that language and then answered the question, correctly, in that language. The researchers overseeing the learning were somewhat amazed when they saw the result, knowing that there was no knowledge of that language in any shape or form in its "training"
The AI transformation of our world is at hand and will be a giant leap forward somewhat akin to the birth & widespread usage of computers. Productivity & research are about to progress forward at light speed.
There is a system that is making a lot of programmers nervous, supposed to come on line pretty soon, called Devin. It is a learning AI and it is designed to replace the necessity for human programmers. If you need something changed on a website or need a website designed, this Devin thing is supposed to be able to do it. Computers writing their own programming.

(pause for dramatic effect)

If that doesn't make you think, well...

AI = a machine that shuffles around 1's and 0's in the manner in which a human programmed it…doesn't "learn"…just manipulates pre-existing information…

Latest posts