Hay storage. Net vs twine.

Help Support CattleToday:

Turns out the gauge works but the density was so low that it didn't register. I cranked it up a full turn at a time and got about 2/3 up and boy did it put strain on my tractor. I'm guessing there's probably more maintenance than belt grease and grease points I need to do. But I'll tell you, great square topped bales but I pulled about half what would've. So I'll crank it a little lower next time, hunt for the right balance.
Gents, I really appreciate all the advice!

Turns out the gauge works but the density was so low that it didn't register. I cranked it up a full turn at a time and got about 2/3 up and boy did it put strain on my tractor. I'm guessing there's probably more maintenance than belt grease and grease points I need to do. But I'll tell you, great square topped bales but I pulled about half what would've. So I'll crank it a little lower next time, hunt for the right balance.
Gents, I really appreciate all the advice!
Good thing you got it up yesterday. Might have all blown all the way to lampasas last night.

Good thing you got it up yesterday. Might have all blown all the way to lampasas last night.
Holy smokes, 29mph sustained and cold was no joke! I ended up wearing ski goggles so could work outside and then only in short bursts. Neighbor had a shelter roll over but no animals hurt.
Not looking forward to drop in templates this week…

Latest posts