Hay equipment

Help Support CattleToday:

Bigfoot":3eaxbgpm said:
I'm always the opposite of everybody else. I like a NH 256. They are getting cheap enough used, you can afford to buy 2, and hook them together.

BF try a v rake and you will never go back to a 256 on purpose again it will always be your back up.

This might be a good place to add rake in the same direction that the mower or conditioner run. Hay will rake a little better.

denvermartinfarms":upjfacvg said:
I would buy a Kuhn speed rake. Whatever you do don't buy a tonutti V rake or a Vermeer that's built by tonutti.
Which Vermeers where build by them?? I have been looking at the wr20.

skyhightree1":1ycdy35j said:
highgrit":1ycdy35j said:
Driver error, if you need any tips I'm good at it. You don't Tedder I see. I like to Tedder at least once. But that's the way I was told to make good hay.

LOL yea.. Na I don't tedder anymore since our hay dries quick you could most of the time cut today and bale tomorrow.

This year. I wouldn't sell the tedder just yet.

fitz

pricefarm":2q2p1y44 said:
denvermartinfarms":2q2p1y44 said:
I would buy a Kuhn speed rake. Whatever you do don't buy a tonutti V rake or a Vermeer that's built by tonutti.
Which Vermeers where build by them?? I have been looking at the wr20.
I'm not 100% sure on what Vermeers model numbers are, but I think that would be one.

fitz":3t9i775n said:
skyhightree1":3t9i775n said:
highgrit":3t9i775n said:
Driver error, if you need any tips I'm good at it. You don't Tedder I see. I like to Tedder at least once. But that's the way I was told to make good hay.

LOL yea.. Na I don't tedder anymore since our hay dries quick you could most of the time cut today and bale tomorrow.

This year. I wouldn't sell the tedder just yet.

fitz

Yea but my hay always dries out within 2 days even if not teddered and I couldnt sell that thing too many welds on it lol

yes it has 4 wheels on each side.the big 10 and 12 wheel rakes and bigger are considered a speed rake because they windrow alot of hay fast.

bigbull338":34yzfkir said:
yes it has 4 wheels on each side.the big 10 and 12 wheel rakes and bigger are considered a speed rake because they windrow alot of hay fast.
When I said speed rake I was talking about a Kuhn, they actually call there's a speed rake.

pricefarm":1b5f0lme said:
bigbull338":1b5f0lme said:
the vermeer wr20 is an 8 wheel rake.
So that's not considered a v rake ?
The WR20 and the 10 and 12 wheel that are built like it are the ones you don't want. They are a poor design and a very poor quality piece of equipment.

i know the wr20s are bad.i was talking to a salesmen and he said they would not take a wr20 in trade.because they arnt worth anything.so when the wr20 gives out we will junk it and get another rake.

I have been using a wr20 for several years now with no complaint. Not mine , my brothers. I will be hooking it up again tomorrow. I use it for round bales.
I use the NH 256 for my old 68 Hayliner square baler when the hay is thick. It is expensive to operate because of the constent tine replacement.

denvermartinfarms":25e5fo11 said:
pricefarm":25e5fo11 said:
bigbull338":25e5fo11 said:
the vermeer wr20 is an 8 wheel rake.
So that's not considered a v rake ?
The WR20 and the 10 and 12 wheel that are built like it are the ones you don't want. They are a poor design and a very poor quality piece of equipment.

Does vermeer make a good v rake ?

pricefarm":1qij7wod said:
Does vermeer make a good v rake ?
I'm not sure, when looking at v rakes you defiantly want one that each side raises independently from the other. One big problem I always had with the wr20 style rake was that it plugged up in even very thin hay and it was made in a way that nearly everything on it cought hay and would help plug it or drag up a pile. Not to mention the dang thing broke in to pieces every time you looked at it :lol2:.

skyhightree1":2gjanwes said:
I stand behind my rhino and personally have never had a need to lift each side independently.
That's because a rhino is a much better rake and design than these rakes I'm talking about.

denvermartinfarms":342w9go7 said:
skyhightree1":342w9go7 said:
I stand behind my rhino and personally have never had a need to lift each side independently.
That's because a rhino is a much better rake and design than these rakes I'm talking about.

I am not familiar with the ones yall are speaking of I just looked them up doesn't look to be built very well. I hope they aren't very expensive

skyhightree1":1gbxidcx said:
denvermartinfarms":1gbxidcx said:
skyhightree1":1gbxidcx said:

I am not familiar with the ones yall are speaking of I just looked them up doesn't look to be built very well. I hope they aren't very expensive
You can buy barely used ones all day for 1500$ to 2000$ and I would rather use a side delivery if you have me 1500$ to buy a rake with.

Latest posts