Have Semen which Cow? Beefmaster Help

Help Support CattleToday:

If you look at him he has a fair amount of sheath although it is usually tucked fairly well in his pictures

Ah ha, they use the icyhot trick... Breeding the sheath off a bull is the biggest challenge I have, because I know the cow has as much to do with the sheath as the bull. I have seen cows throw beautiful uddered heifers and very sheathy bulls. The only thing I can think of is that beautiful udder may only hold up for a few years.

Plus if I only look at sheath, aren't I selecting for "only one trait" if the rest of the animal is great?

But I really want to raise a tight sheathed bull out of this breeding...maybe I am looking to develop a calf that is greater that the sum of it's parts and I realise I don't have enough semen to experiment.

don't look like you have a problem in the sheath area, that bull has the perfect angle and you'r cows are good and tight navel wise. id say your on the right track.

May or may not be a good sheath angle. A good photographer will patiently wait for a bull to draw up for a good sheath picture. I have used a gentle tap with a show stick on them in the past.

it's good,, you seldom see em start just in front of the scrotum and run foward at a angle like his.alot of the poor sheath structure will start past the scrotum and angle strait down. but his cows are real tight. i think it would be a perfect mating.

Latest posts