Have been a bit Worried

Help Support CattleToday:

FlyingLSimmentals

Reaction score
The Herd had got out in the back back hayfield which is surrounded by heavy woodland. Fence was in a mess and it took a few days too repair, so it became pasture in the mean time. Was a bit worried they might high ball it on a hiking journey, they have done it before. Also we are still in the peak of calving and we had heifers coming up next to calf. Kicking myself a bit for not keeping them across the road in a heifer lot where I could keep an eye on them. Anyway my RCR Stetson heifer the only AIed replacement I've retained and bagging quick sure enough went missing. Checked the whole evening of the 17th everywhere I could and nope couldn't find her. Oh Boy she had to be out in the deep timber calving. Coyotes are bad back there and she was just a heifer with no proven calving ability and a bit smaller than I would like her to have been so yeah I was worried. Sprayed down with tick spray HEAVY and went first thing the next morning on a Mission to find her in the Woods. Was so thrilled to drive up on her in the pasture with the herd with a dandy black blaze face little bull. So instead of cattle searching I was able to finally finish the fence repair. So everything Is Good Now for the Moment. Still got a lot of other projects going on wish me luck. Good Luck to all of you all as Well, Mike.

It is always nice when things surprise you in a good way. Good Luck.

Latest posts