Hat or baseball cap?

Help Support CattleToday:

Hat most all the time now. Up till a few years ago it was a free baseball cap. 4 skin cancer surgeries and visits for pre-cancer treatments every 3 months later I wear a cowboy hat most all the time now. I was ugly but all these scars are making me handsome now. :lol:

I don't know where you guys get all these free hats from? Most of mine have cost me a small fortune but then again they have thrown the tractor, baler, etc in for free. :D

I usally wear caps but in the rain I prefer a wide brim hardhat a little noisey but sure keeps my head dry.

Both, hat most of the time, but occasionally a cap.
Hat when I'm out in the direct sun, and cap when I'm out driving in the paddocks(whether it's the old ute, tractor, sometimes bike/ATV).
I've got two hats though, a work one, and a show one, it looks a lot better to wear a clean hat for the junior paraders & junior judges comps.

In the back of my truck I've got a hat for every season and situation.

Rain or winter tractor work - Felt brimmed hat.
Summer tractor work or field work- straw hat
fall/spring/brush work- raggely ol free ball cap
Going to town- New free ball cap
Winter with the wind a howling - Toboggen

Anytime I bring up how many shoes my wife has, she just points to the back of the pickup.... I shut up pretty quick...

I have an old felt hat i've worn for probably 6yrs.(in winter time) It's probably been run over by near every piece of farm equipment we have.Little woman tells me all time she's going to throw it away,but I tell her it,s just got broke in. Neighbors ask me where I take it to get it shaped like that.
But I continue to wear it. Feels good on my head. I don't try to dress in style anymore anyhow.I wear what feels good,usally hat,boots and wranglers. Not trying to impress the girls anymore, what ya see is what ya get.Don't wear them short britches either,dont nobody want to see my skinny white legs.To me theirs nothing more laughable than an old man with bony white legs wearing short pants.
Guess I'm just not up with times.

Cal

Calman":3kjclcjw said:
I have an old felt hat i've worn for probably 6yrs.(in winter time) It's probably been run over by near every piece of farm equipment we have.Little woman tells me all time she's going to throw it away,but I tell her it,s just got broke in. Neighbors ask me where I take it to get it shaped like that.
But I continue to wear it. Feels good on my head. I don't try to dress in style anymore anyhow.I wear what feels good,usally hat,boots and wranglers. Not trying to impress the girls anymore, what ya see is what ya get.Don't wear them short britches either,dont nobody want to see my skinny white legs.To me theirs nothing more laughable than an old man with bony white legs wearing short pants.
Guess I'm just not up with times.

Cal

I never have undestood the fixation with wearing shorts either. I'm afraid that white flashing would spook the cows.

I use both.
depends on the job at hand.
I have a half dozen good western hats and some are twenty years old.fifty or 60 caps and some are nearly that old.
My wife got me a new fedora for christmas and now I wear it everywhere.
Wearing it as I type.

i dont wear nothing. not even sunscreen, altho i probably should. everybody i know wears a 'baseball cap'. most just call them hats around here. only the best say 'Muddy Creek Seed Farm' on them. probably since thats my dads business. and there free :) but yes, theres a price. a pretty good one too. he sells seed and we all know grain prices have gone up.

caps are all i wear.hats are to bulky.an they not very comfy when you wear emm all day long.free caps man i wish there was such a thing around here.caps cost big money round here.new tractors or equipment gets you a new cap.the last new cap i bought cost me $1500 an got a bull for free lolol.

I used to wear hats, but I found them to be too cumbersome especially when doing work in the woods. Tree branches are always knocking them off. They just aren't conducive to general farm work in my opinion. I prefer caps, particularly orange and blue ones with a big AU on them!

Latest posts