Hard on the Wood Pile

Help Support CattleToday:

We are having an Indian Summer here. 81 degrees today. Gosh, if I only had some moisture I could really be growing something. :mad:

-28! Hope everyone stays warm and safe.

Jogeephus,

Had to open windows, it's 77 and humid here. 30 minutes up the road, it's 54.

Just_a_girl":2uiizdev said:

Jogeephus,

Since you have no location posted, I am just going to assume you're in heaven :)

MistyMorning":3u48c9rj said:
cowcamp":3u48c9rj said:
-24 here this am, the water is still moveing so that a good thing. where is that global warming and when is it gonna get here. real still tho, you can here the cattle walking from along ways off, sqeeky snow

Had you beat cowcamp, I had -28 F at sunrise. 6 frozen eggs in chicken coop. Trees popping all around. Oh and yes, you know its cold when the snow squeaks! :shock:

Yep-- I feel like we have a heat wave over here in Montana- only 10 Below this morning-- up near the border it was 21 Below...
Good news for me- but bad for you- is that tomorrow this arctic air is supposed to start moving east and south- with predictions of temps in the 30's next week... :D :D :D

At least no snow- so the cows can still graze and I haven't had to start feeding.....

MistyMorning":3q4uab61 said:
Betcha mnmt and Boss Lady are drinking beer in front of the fire again. ;-)
I'm not even going to start guessing what mnmt and the BossLady are doing to keep warm :oops:

Boss Lady started stirring early this morning. I sez, as long as Your up could You bring me coffee 8) :cboy: Yeah I can do that.
OK that went well :nod: So then I ask :D Maybe run out and feed the cows :lol2: :???: :eek: :shock: ummmm that didn't go over so well :(

See, thats the problem with men, give 'em an inch....... :roll:
(just teasin' guys ;-) )

Oldtimer":3egeqzjg said:
Yep-- I feel like we have a heat wave over here in Montana- only 10 Below this morning-- up near the border it was 21 Below...
Good news for me- but bad for you- is that tomorrow this arctic air is supposed to start moving east and south- with predictions of temps in the 30's next week... :D :D :D

At least no snow- so the cows can still graze and I haven't had to start feeding.....
Your so right Oldtimer, when it gets above 0 it does feel like a heat wave! The news isn't so bad for us here. If your getting 30's next week, maybe next weekend will be decent. If those canucks just don't turn on the fan, we will be sitting pretty. ;-)

angie2":3u1ogj15 said:
Just_a_girl":3u1ogj15 said:

Jogeephus,

Since you have no location posted, I am just going to assume you're in heaven :)

Angie2,

I'm NE Texas. This morning, it's 46 and misty, tomorrow will probably be back up to 77. Stay warm where you're at

HEAT WAVE, According to Accuweather 15 day forecast, it's going to be in the 20's high this week. :banana: :banana:

Oldtimer, I have the Glasgow, Culbertson and Malta weather conditions and weather history on my bookmarks. You folks are running about 30 degrees warmer then us. Being I spend my Falls out there I keep up with conditions for the wildlife. :cboy:

Angie, I made another batch of chicken soup for the weekend. That along with fresh homemade deer summer sausage. crackers, and cheese. Oh yeah we sit by the fire and stuff to keep warm to. ;-)

The warm is already getting here...Only 6 Below this morning-but at 11AM its already up to 11 ABOVE here-- 20 out on the Lake- but still only 0 at Wolf Point...So its slowly coming from the west....

Sounds like we're going to be kind of the line for the cold with the cold bouncing in and out here for the next week....

What the hay- its December in Montana ;-)

Burrr... every winter I remember why we moved from near the Illinois / Wisconsin border to TEXAS! I don't know how ya'll can take that cold.. my blood is too thin! I can remember feeding silage, and having to plug in the old A/C for two hours in the corn crib to get it started.. and a lot of prayer!

It was 70 here last night about 8:00 when I ran out with the garbage. Ahhh...... paradise! The Brahmans especially appreciate it when they decide to calve in the winter. They'd freeze to the ground up there!

Do any of you guys from western MN or the Dakotas remember a weatherman named Two Tall Tom Shimanski? He was out of a Fargo or Grand Forks station. Well one winter, (I think it was the one when the Hallock water tower froze) he did an experiment where he took boiling water and threw it outside. The water immediately froze and fell like snow. I can't remember how cold it has to be, but we do that little experiment every winter on a cold morning.

Tranlate, I did it this morning! ;-) I had -22 F. Did you beat me cowcamp?

MistyMorning":hz3u2icv said:
Do any of you guys from western MN or the Dakotas remember a weatherman named Two Tall Tom Shimanski? He was out of a Fargo or Grand Forks station. Well one winter, (I think it was the one when the Hallock water tower froze) he did an experiment where he took boiling water and threw it outside. The water immediately froze and fell like snow. I can't remember how cold it has to be, but we do that little experiment every winter on a cold morning.

Tranlate, I did it this morning! ;-) I had -22 F. Did you beat me cowcamp?
Tom worked at KEYC in Mankato for a short time. He performed that trick it really works well with boiling water rather than cold water.

TheBullLady":kln1jiak said:
Burrr... every winter I remember why we moved from near the Illinois / Wisconsin border to TEXAS! I don't know how ya'll can take that cold.. my blood is too thin! I can remember feeding silage, and having to plug in the old A/C for two hours in the corn crib to get it started.. and a lot of prayer!

Yep- But just think BullLady the time you spent up there helped you to develop "character"...

I can remember when I was a kid and was complaining about trekking to the outhouse on a 40 below morning- my Dad used to tell me that "this country builds character".... :shock:
;-) :lol:

Misty, To Tall is still there, You can hear him on the Bemidji stations. In 96, Feb 1'st and 2'nd official low in PR was -53 and -59. I tried the water thing and the drops froze real nicely. :oops:

Latest posts