Hard on the Wood Pile

Help Support CattleToday:

MistyMorning":11r39d72 said:
I think he was just joking around. ;-)

I reckon so. He might not want to be so specific as to his target next time.

P1020193.jpg

Should be ripe before Christmas. Banana pudding anyone?

MistyMorning":13p66fcr said:
Anyhow, Angie he said the roads are awful! You will be busy tonight, cause some fools will think they should go out in this. :roll: Weird, we live in a farmhouse built in 1917! Husband was walking around with caulking gun earlier today. Lots of fighting over the thermostat here. :x Does your house have the grates upstairs for the heat to come through? brrrrrrrr. Oh yea mine is really cute too in June, July and August. Beautiful woodwork 8)
;-)

Stay warm and safe all!

I made it! What a white knuckle drive in!! I called dispatch (911 operators) to see if they want to order pizza but they are too busy on the lines to think :( I am in with them tonight from 0000-0600. Roads are awful. Officer on day shift said she is staying in town. I will walk home tomorrow morning before staying in town.

The upstairs stays plenty warm, warmer than down. When my in`laws house was torn down, I went and took all old woodwork and doors before they were tossed in fire and refinished the works ~ was a LONG project, still not done. Whoever had ours b4 us ripped 'em out and .....?

Anyhow ~ should be interesting night around here. Enjoy beer, cake and movies, stay warm and dry ;-)

ga. prime":6gg36j82 said:
Beer and cake. :( Cake soaked in rum. :D

Cake soaked in rum = having your cake and eating it too ;-)

g.a. prime ~ what happpened to your signature line? Was my favorite on the boards......

Angie, just wanted a change on the sig line. Well, more than that truthfully. I awoke the other morning to Tom Petty singing "You Got Lucky" and couldn't and still can't get it out of my head, so it ended up being the new sig line. It'll change again sooner or later. Hey, stay warm up there. 8)

GP, don't mean to highjack thread but I gotta ask. Is there any specific location where a banana will grow best? S side of house, east side etc.? Found a huge one in the woods. Don't know where it came from but I was considering digging it up but I also don't want to kill it.

Jo, that is remarkable that you found one in the woods. Old homesite perhaps? I'd leave it there unless it's about to be bulldozed or something. Several years ago I managed a greenhouse and we grew some bananas in it. It was easy to transplant sprouts from the bottom of those plants. Look for a sprout to transplant. I really can't advise on the best place to plant around the house. I'd try to put it in a sheltered spot because I suspect wind will wreck havoc on the leaves. I've seen some really nice plants growing around houses over the years, but of course in this region they always freeze back to the ground in winter before the fruit develops. Those bananas in the pic were given to me by a man up here out of central Florida.

'Scuse the 'jack. Ya'll go back to blizzard talk. :)

The snow stopped here at about 11:00 last night, wind is very quiet, is about 18 degrees already so looks like a heat wave. Course when the sun comes up so does the wind so we will see... I think the ugly is all over for now. six and 3/4 inches in town.

edited at 0640. Made it home OK. DOT managed to get back roads plowed :shock: . Not bare tar but is packed snow, beats the ice it will become. Its 19 degrees on bank in town and no wind, so everybody spent their breaktime outside to enjoy the nice weather!

Time for bed so I can do it all again tonight......
g'nite ():

ga. prime":1qwc5f1s said:
'Scuse the 'jack. Ya'll go back to blizzard talk. :)

No problem ga. You may be interested to know the above mentioned cake "was" and I repeat "was" banana! Am now sucking down the coffee so I can be nice and wired for the shoveling, plowing and snowblowing! :roll:

MistyMorning":28fgkvvr said:
Wewild":28fgkvvr said:
mnmtranching":28fgkvvr said:
The Southern folks just don't know what tough is.
Really.

That is purty weak.

Yup, I assure You, this thread, and my posts were not meant to offend or rile anybody.

What else do you do on a blizzardy afternoon. I stoked up the fires and drank beer. And made a few dumb posts. :oops: :oops:

mnmt

It wasn't a dumb post ~ you were teasing Warpaint, and I think that he can handle it well enough. We up here take plenty of good natured ribbing in spirit it was intended.

Misty or Mnmt ~ how much snow did you guys end up with?

I spoke too soon. Here comes the snow and wind again :shock:

john250 ~ sure seems that way :roll:

mnmtranching":1091obis said:
MistyMorning":1091obis said:
Wewild":1091obis said:
mnmtranching":1091obis said:
The Southern folks just don't know what tough is.
Really.

That is purty weak.

Yup, I assure You, this thread, and my posts were not meant to offend or rile anybody.

What else do you do on a blizzardy afternoon. I stoked up the fires and drank beer. And made a few dumb posts. :oops: :oops:

mnmt

I'm not sure I said they wrere dumb posts.

Our cows seem to think it's greener on the outside.

Life is what it is.

Take care and be well.

We got dumped on up here, my official measurement. :frowns:

My labs bellies are a little over 10 inches from the ground. :eek:

Anyway they are bottoming out. I'm saying 10 1/2 inches.

We haven't had a lot of blowing, :eek: YET :help:

Some Spots 5 inches - Some spots 24 inches :shock: Official snowfall total from weather spotter a few miles north was 10.5 inches. I am exhasted! Sometime I'll tell about trying to clean out the blower part of a snowblower :roll: Yes, with it running!

The resort industry has got to be going nuts after so many winters with so little snow.

Need to get rested up for some downhill sking next weekend ;-)

Ski hills are opening all around us after the last storm...getting snow right now nice wet snow that I won't bother plowing but the mountains are expecting 2-3 feet.
Skiing days are over and will give my new shaped skis to the oldest daughter when she visits for Christmas...will miss chasing her down the diamonds.
DMc

warpaint":3f09x5dq said:
I can deal with the snakes,(the ones I see.)

I can deal with the bugs. (except maybe chiggers)

I can't for the life of me deal with cold, frigid weather. ;-)

But that's ok, ya'll like it up there, so don't come south. We have monster snakes and bugs that'll claw your eyes out. :p

It was 80 here this afternoon. Wanted to go snake hunting but didn't have time. 72 now.
But they say a cold front is on the way and in the week there may be some days it will not even get above the 60s for the high. It's going to be tough, but I'm going to try to hang on.