Hard on the Wood Pile

Help Support CattleToday:

Ryder":1funi5gk said:
It was 80 here this afternoon. Wanted to go snake hunting but didn't have time. 72 now.
But they say a cold front is on the way and in the week there may be some days it will not even get above the 60s for the high. It's going to be tough, but I'm going to try to hang on.

That sounds pretty rough Ryder. You hang in there, warmer days will come. :lol:

I DON'T! like SNOW!! :mad: However I do understand the benefits, few as they are :roll: :roll:

Winter of 04 05 EVERYBODY'S septics froze, Requiring pumping often [expensive] Our line to the tanks froze. I ran a 4" above ground out to a low spot. All disappeared after the first good Spring rain.
8) 8) :cboy:

Saturday it was snowing at my place all day. And I am at 140 feet above sea level. The ski slopes were all opening up. Then today we get the "Pineapple Express." This morning it is in the upper 50's and pouring down rain. The wind is blowing about 30 mph. The news said there have gusts over 80 mph on the coast. All that snow will be melted by this afternoon and headed down the rivers. It will be flooding tomorrow.

Dave":ham1sd08 said:
Saturday it was snowing at my place all day. And I am at 140 feet above sea level. The ski slopes were all opening up. Then today we get the "Pineapple Express." This morning it is in the upper 50's and pouring down rain. The wind is blowing about 30 mph. The news said there have gusts over 80 mph on the coast. All that snow will be melted by this afternoon and headed down the rivers. It will be flooding tomorrow.

Now THAT is weather. I don't like cold, but I think flooding is worse.

Yesterday, it was 88 degrees for the high. It was 32 this morning. If you don't like Texas weather, wait a minute or two. Went from short sleeves yesterday to sweater, coat, hat and gloves today. Windchill is in the 20's.

it was cold here this morning.i wore a coat todo the work.but when i came in my back was soaking wet.but have a good fire going.

Haven't got this mess clean out yet. :shock: Tomorrows foecast,
6 more inches. :cry:

mnmtranching":35sc4yes said:
Haven't got this mess clean out yet. :shock: Tomorrows foecast,
6 more inches. :cry:

They say 2-4 here. Hope it isn't any more. I'm still tired from yesterday! They are also forecasting some pretty cold daytime temps. :(

We are supposed to get 2-4 as well. I love the snow ~ what I don;t like is when we have winters where it is so bitter cold and there is no snow. Truck almost didn;t start this morning. I thought "You got a long row to hoe truck ~ you'd better buck up...."

Been snowing here all day :( Sometimes light, sometimes heavy.

How long till Spring :?:

Lammie":a49r4hxf said:
Yesterday, it was 88 degrees for the high. It was 32 this morning. If you don't like Texas weather, wait a minute or two. Went from short sleeves yesterday to sweater, coat, hat and gloves today. Windchill is in the 20's.

Same here, Lammie.

Isn't that wild?

-17 here in town right now. :( :(

Misty I can be packed in less that 10 minutes, especially now that Peg sent us the appropriate clothing for down south. We can fit right in :) I'm thinking it would not take BossLady long to get ready either. Before long the hired hand could have her shoveling silage (run!) :?

Here in Central Texas we really don't have Winter as such-
so nobody has the cloths when it does get colder. Here's what I saw at the store last week.
A.Flip-flops,no sox,shorts,ski jacket
B.Heavy work boots,insulated bib overalls,no shirt
3.High heel boots,mini skirt,sweatshirt
*sneakers,knee sox,jean shorts with big holes,hoodie sweatshirt
!.cowboy boots,thermal underwear under jean shorts t shirt over thermal shirt

MistyMorning":3925ahmb said:
Ryder":3925ahmb said:
It was 80 here this afternoon. Wanted to go snake hunting but didn't have time. 72 now.
But they say a cold front is on the way and in the week there may be some days it will not even get above the 60s for the high. It's going to be tough, but I'm going to try to hang on.

That sounds pretty rough Ryder. You hang in there, warmer days will come. :lol:
Misty, I made it. :banana: :banana:
It is now backto a respectable 79 degrees. In 80's tomorrow.
I don't know if I could have held on if not for the hope you gave me. :clap: :clap:
Thanks.

Bringing in more wood.

Much easier without 2 feet of snow. :help:

P1010008-1.jpg

-24 here this am, the water is still moveing so that a good thing. where is that global warming and when is it gonna get here. real still tho, you can here the cattle walking from along ways off, sqeeky snow

cowcamp":2me44f1u said:
-24 here this am, the water is still moveing so that a good thing. where is that global warming and when is it gonna get here. real still tho, you can here the cattle walking from along ways off, sqeeky snow

Had you beat cowcamp, I had -28 F at sunrise. 6 frozen eggs in chicken coop. Trees popping all around. Oh and yes, you know its cold when the snow squeaks! :shock:

cowcamp":bmtntc9f said:
only minnesotains would bragg at how cold they got it,go figure, was a really nice sunrise tho! [/i]

I think our neighbors to the north also do some bragging! Look at it this way cc, we are the same morons who stare down a hole in the ice for hours on end. :oops: Not real conversational geniuses if we think that's a good time! :shock:

Hey Misty ~ thats what rattle reels are for. Gives you time to drink beer and play cards ;-) And if you're lucky an eel pout will come twist all your lines together.........

angie2":2j6vtf5b said:
Hey Misty ~ thats what rattle reels are for. Gives you time to drink beer and play cards ;-) And if you're lucky an eel pout will come twist all your lines together.........

Oh ya sure Angie, you betcha that rattle reel was a great invention. Sure can't beat the ole tip-up either! Nothing like a steaming hot fish house, the smell of wet wool, minnows, beer, chips and a good game of eucre!

Hey isn't this were we started last Sat? During the storm? Betcha mnmt and Boss Lady are drinking beer in front of the fire again. ;-)

Latest posts