Happy bovines come from Wisconsin

Help Support CattleToday:

mitch2

Reaction score
At least they made me believe it on this day.... at first....

A heifer that I am liking...
heifer2.jpg

Curiosity...
curioscalves.jpg

Junior... I think he was giving me the look... the look to leave!
juniorrelax.jpg

Two cows, the one foremost is probably hubby's fav - 10 years old
007.jpg

Another heifer calf..
heifercalf.jpg

As I was wandering back to the car, I see a calf. A calf that caught my eye for some unknown reason.
The closer look I take the reason I am so interested rears its ugly head. The calf has a fresh scab on a cut across the side of his flank about 8 inches long. Barely scabbed over..... looks a little puffy in the area.

Not oozing, and not looking infected. Does not seem to bothering the calf half as much as I was trying to get a better look at it. What to do? Watch closely? Or interfere now??

Thanks all!

Michele

Thanks for the pictures, Michele. What breeds are these? some Murray Grays in there? As far as the cut on the flank...I had one of my 1st calf heifers walking tenderly and saw a cut on her leg just above the hoof.

I put some iodine in a windex-type spray bottle set to stream and got as close to her as she would let me and doused the cut with iodine. I don't know if the spray helped or not but in a week or so she was completely ok. Probably would have been ok with me doing nothing too...but at least I tried.

Goodluck. Nice pictures. I love to see them laying in grass chewing cud.

Jim

Now Jim - that is just one solution that never crossed this feeble mind. I know I can get close enough to make that work! Thanks a lot!

Junior the bull is MG all calves are 50% ;-)
Cows
13 PB Angus
1 Hereford
1 Pinzgauer
8 Angus/Gelbveih of various percentages unknown.

I am about as un-prejudiced as they come.... well, that is if they don't have horns. ;-)

Thanks for the comments guys!

Michele

nummy BEEF comes from iowa!!!

Dangit, i dont have any cool pics.. I'll post em later!

the angus girls are very good types ,i think your hubby has a good eye

Latest posts