Hands

Help Support CattleToday:

alisonb

Reaction score
Decided that the tractor needed a bit of attention yesterday - replaced oil seal on front end of crank shaft and then tapped a new 18mm thread in steering housing as previous thread had stripped and bolt had fallen out, the steering basically collapsed. All set to go now I hope, have yet to test it.
Anyway, this is what my hands looked like after the days work, thought they would never come clean :shock:
DSC00008-2.jpg

After a good lot of soaking and scrubbing, a little better but still not clean enough
hand.jpg

Sooo, added some bleach
DSC00009-2.jpg

:shock: :lol: :lol:

BTW - I know my little finger is skew, been passed down through the generations on my dad's side :)

Nice little finger. Reminds me of one branch of our family that ocassionally is born with an exra little finger sticking out to the side.

My pinky fingers turn in too .

I always wear gloves and never wear rings, once I got my ring finger crushed in between the chute and the sorting gate, if I had my wedding band on I would have lost my finger .

Bleach works wonders, I am know as the bleach queen, I use the stuff everywhere to clean, does have a toll on the hands though if you don't wear gloves. Never known it work the camera flash though... ;-) :lol:
as HD said 'I never wear my wedding band when doing work' I nearly lost my finger when trying to get a toy from under the sofa, it got stuck on a screw luckily my daughter was able to lift the sofa so as I could push my hand under more to release it, that was scary.

I started the tractor up yesterday and took it for a turn, no oil leak and steering didn't collapse on me :D . As far as gloves go I try and wear them when possible but some things you just can't do with gloves on - perhaps surgical gloves will be better ;-) . My gran left me her rings some 20 odd years ago. That little band never comes off my finger so I hope you folks have not jinxed it all and something happens to my finger now :shock: , it is dangerous though.
Chrisy, bleach is some pretty amazing stuff, it gets used on just about everything here too....I don't let it touch the skin though even when the hands are greased up like in the pic, we don't want to age sooner than neccessary now do we!
HD - I think most people fingers are a bit skew.....they just tend not to admit it :) .

Automatic transmission fluid will clean the grease and grime from your hands. Tide laundry powder works good also.

I didn't say that I always wore gloves on the right hands though. :lol: At calving time my hands are permanently died for a few months from green tattoo ink and iodine. I wear surgical gloves when I remember but ,,, oh well whats a little coloring, at least it shows that we are not sissy girls . ;-)

highgrit":2dojuzho said:
Automatic transmission fluid will clean the grease and grime from your hands. Tide laundry powder works good also.
boy that takes me back, we haven't had 'Tide' washing powder here for years, didn't know it was still going.

Angus Cowman":3810lsb7 said:
I broke 3 on my right hand and we ran out of popsicle sticks before we got to the pinky so we just taped it to the others and that is why it is crooked
Not a very good time to run out of popsicle sticks :)
highgrit":3810lsb7 said:
Automatic transmission fluid will clean the grease and grime from your hands. Tide laundry powder works good also
Have never tried auto trans fluid, thanks will keep it in mind for the next tractor repair :D . I don't think we have had Tide on our racks this side of the world but what also works well is turps and then Sunlight liquid, that's a good grease cutter.

hillsdown":3tkq6dd3 said:
Didn't know about the tide ,thanks for the tip HG . :tiphat:

Chrisy can you get Tide liquid still ?
never have had Tide liquid here. I used to like the smell if Tide powder. My Mum used to use 'OMO' can't get that here anymore either.

Latest posts