too much time on my hands

Help Support CattleToday:

cross_7

Reaction score
bad ice storm in oklahoma, a lot of those poor people haven't had electricity since last thursday.
no electricity equals no water, no heat(other than wood or gas space heat) no refrigerator, no fuel pumps(fuel to leave) and so on.
so iholed up south of the red river and was watching a movie and one guy ask another what would you do if you had a million dollars he answers " two chicks at the same time "
so that got me to thinking about the the time i was leaving atoka and heading home.
it was late in the day but not dark yet(summer time) .
i was moving along at good speed(not legal speed) and it started raining.
being from west texas i hadn't seen rain this before.
rain drops as big as half dollar and they were coming down in a hurry.
well there was a river up a head and the road curved so it would hit the river square and the bridge would go dirctly across.
anyway the road curves and i don't.
i run my bosses fancy new chevy car he bought me right off the road and right at the river.
so i figure i better get this thing stopped before i ruin his new car by driving it in river.
well it has anti-lock brakes and i tell you them things work too , cause in mud they don't lock they just release and you keep going.
i run right to the edge of the river and just a few feet before crashing into the river i hit a tree that saves my life.
before long two ladies came a long and ask "oh my gosh did you run off the road"
i told them no i was just gonna cross the river and forgot that you had to use a bridge in a chevy.
i told them i normally drive a ford and cross like that all the time without a problem.( they thought thats was real funny)
it was raining right straight down even harder than before, so they let me set in thier car while i tried to call for a tow truck.
i couldn't get a signal on my cell phone, so they carried me to their house and let me use thier home phone.
while i called the tow truck they made themselves fresh drinks and offered me one, but i declined and they carried me back to my car and let me wait in their car for tow truck to come out.
it was pitch black dark and still raining straight down by the buckets and it took a long time for the tow truck to show up, so the ladies and i had a good visit and somewhere along the way i devolped a sense of humor and a very likable personality.(never had before or since)
they kept laughing at all my jokes and telling me i was co cute and so on
the tow truck shows up after a while and pulled me out.
the bumper and hood was smashed pretty good, but still drivable
so i thanked the ladies for their generocity, but they said "oh you can't drive it like that come spend the night with us and in the morning we will follow you to the chevy dealer."
i was tempted but i was worried about what my boss was going to say and figured i had better go face the music.
i thanked them again and they said if i have trouble just come back .
i tell you i've thought about that night a few times since then.
i mean really
what could of happened ?

No electricity doesn;t have to mean doing without water/heat/etc. A generator is all it takes to live just like you would with grid power, you just have to keep adding gas or diesel.

cross_7":9xt2xg8t said:
i tell you i've thought about that night a few times since then.
i mean really
what could of happened ?

If you have to wonder what could have happened, you must be so old it couldn't! Seems to me their plans were clear. :banana:

ok i get it..stop already
it was supposed to be funny
where is cowboy43 when you need him ?

cowboy43":ccpovy6f said:
When you get older you will realize all the missed opporunities you missed out on in life.

...and those bruises on your hind side will never heal cause you will keep kicking yourself there till they toss the last shovel of dirt on you.

Latest posts