Do you still shake hands?

Help Support CattleToday:

I usually shake hands when I meet someone for the first time.. haven't met many people at all recently so it hasn't been a moral dilemma for me.

I remember playing pool once in a bar, was playing this big burly Slavic guy, I won the game and we shook hands afterward, He held on and squeezed just a little harder than what would be normal, so I followed suit
He ended up giving up, he didn't know this scrawny 120 lb guy milked cows!

hurleyjd said:
pricefarm said:
I still do. Can't break the habit I guess. A good firm handshake tells a lot about a person.

Did you every have a person that you shook hands with that would try to put you on the ground with a shake that nearly broke bones in the hand. We had a coach that was like that. Even after he was out of the school he would do that. When he stuck out his hand to shake with me I immediately stuck my hands in my armpits. There is a difference in a firm handshake and a warm friendly handshake.

Yes, i had a associate who used to work in the area, would shake your hand and try and put you on the ground. I'd always match his strength and leave it at that. One day he left a teenager with slight tears in his eyes and i knew he'd hurt him. So when my turn came i let him have my full strength, never left eye contact and held on for a few extra seconds, i knew he'd be too proud to back down. Years in the orchard pruning with secatues went into that. What a change, now he knew he wasn't king dick anymore became quite the gentle handshaker.

Redgully said:
hurleyjd said:
pricefarm said:
I still do. Can't break the habit I guess. A good firm handshake tells a lot about a person.

Did you every have a person that you shook hands with that would try to put you on the ground with a shake that nearly broke bones in the hand. We had a coach that was like that. Even after he was out of the school he would do that. When he stuck out his hand to shake with me I immediately stuck my hands in my armpits. There is a difference in a firm handshake and a warm friendly handshake.

Yes, i had a associate who used to work in the area, would shake your hand and try and put you on the ground. I'd always match his strength and leave it at that. One day he left a teenager with slight tears in his eyes and i knew he'd hurt him. So when my turn came i let him have my full strength, never left eye contact and held on for a few extra seconds, i knew he'd be too proud to back down. Years in the orchard pruning with secatues went into that. What a change, now he knew he wasn't king dick anymore became quite the gentle handshaker.

I know a german guy and he's got a stupidly strong handshake, it's just how he does it.

Not shaking hands with this toilet paper shortage going on. Just sayin.

He could possibly learn to be about average.....maybe.

On the other end of the scale....I know an office worker and his handshake was so limp that ot shocked me and made me feel very awkward and uncomfortable....I was only 20 and a thin kid.....he is an odd guy....

shaz said:

Dont worry about the loo paper...many people I would be washing hands straight after anyways.....

Reminds me if another guy I know.....a plumber....well while his hands always have stuff on em....and he will be sucking on a fag....or having a sambo....without washing hands....lol...

greggy said:
shaz said:

Dont worry about the loo paper...many people I would be washing hands straight after anyways.....

Reminds me if another guy I know.....a plumber....well while his hands always have stuff on em....and he will be sucking on a fag....or having a sambo....without washing hands....lol...
When I was a kid we used to have the nightcart man come once a week to deal with can. If they had a spillage they would scoop it up with their bare hands and then go out and sit on the side step of the truck and have their smoko.

Ken

People are doing less of it here but yes I still will. I have soap, water and common sense.

wbvs58 said:
greggy said:
shaz said:

When I was a kid we used to have the nightcart man come once a week to deal with can. If they had a spillage they would scoop it up with their bare hands and then go out and sit on the side step of the truck and have their smoko.

Ken

They were probably immune to everything that you can catch....

Nesikep said:
I usually shake hands when I meet someone for the first time.. haven't met many people at all recently so it hasn't been a moral dilemma for me.

I remember playing pool once in a bar, was playing this big burly Slavic guy, I won the game and we shook hands afterward, He held on and squeezed just a little harder than what would be normal, so I followed suit
Can't beat the old time milkers. Heard of some of the locals who could break baling wire with their hands by pulling it, and another could hold a broomstick in one hand and you couldn't spin it with two.

Nesikep said:

What do you eat?

greggy said:
Why do people do stupid crap like that.....straight away I wonder what issues they must have....big deal big man

It's an interesting thing. People like that have some kind of desire for attention. There's a guy I know who is in his 40s, 6'6", built well, etc, but he always has to be the loudest guy in the room. He's always trying to be the wittiest guy.
It's odd to me why he would be insecure and always need public approval, but I guess there is always things in people's lives that we don't know.

herofan said:
greggy said:
Why do people do stupid crap like that.....straight away I wonder what issues they must have....big deal big man

It's an interesting thing. People like that have some kind of desire for attention. There's a guy I know who is in his 40s, 6'6", built well, etc, but he always has to be the loudest guy in the room. He's always trying to be the wittiest guy.
It's odd to me why he would be insecure and always need public approval, but I guess there is always things in people's lives that we don't know.
Like our President.

hurleyjd said:
herofan said:
greggy said:

Like our President.

Yes. I'm not a political person, but I will agree he is a good example. One wouldn't think a billionaire who has done what he has done would always have to be the loudest one in the room so to speak.

jltrent said:
Nesikep said:

What do you eat?
everything I can get my hands on!
This was tasty

BFE said:
Nesikep said:

Can't beat the old time milkers. Heard of some of the locals who could break baling wire with their hands by pulling it, and another could hold a broomstick in one hand and you couldn't spin it with two.
I can't rip a bale twine (we use the 7200 ft rolls, 160? lb knot strength), but I can yank on the bale by the twine hard enough to break it.. I do it often if I've *gasp* forgotten my knife

hurleyjd said:
herofan said:
greggy said:

Like our President.

All politicians live and die by public opinion polls. Got a strong feeling this president is about to get re-elected hurley so you can just keep on bytching

Nesikep said:
jltrent said:
Nesikep said:

What do you eat?
This was tasty
Back in my younger day I might have eaten that, but it about makes me sick just looking at it now. I worked with a guy that eat like that all day and stayed skinny.

jltrent said:
Nesikep said:
jltrent said:
What do you eat?
This was tasty
Back in my younger day I might have eaten that, but it about makes me sick just looking at it now. I worked with a guy that eat like that all day and stayed skinny.

I'd demolish that in a heartbeat!

Latest posts