Handheld round bale turner or fipper

Help Support CattleToday:

mermill2

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can a handheld turner or flipper? It is a lever for turning round bales over. Southern States used to have one 15 years ago. Can;t find one anywhere.

Sometimes, a cow will bulldooze a round bale, like up against a fence or some place it doesnlt belong. I would like a round bale turner or flipper, so I don;lt have to start up a tractor and open gates everytime, I have to move or turn a bale, over.

mermill2":2ihr4xto said:
Sometimes, a cow will bulldooze a round bale, like up against a fence or some place it doesnlt belong. I would like a round bale turner or flipper, so I don;lt have to start up a tractor and open gates everytime, I have to move or turn a bale, over.

:???: :???: I'm lost. Why not just unroll the bale or put it in a bale feeder, depending on your herd numbers? Either way, the problem is eliminated.

I don;t carry bales of hay to the cows. I put them in stacks of 40 bales, in various locations, and bring cows to the hay. I do this when snow or ice is on the ground, or when stock-piled grass is depleted. Otherwise, the cows harvest stock-piled grass. Not looking for methods to move or feed hay. Looking for a manual round bale turner or flipper.

Why not just use a strap or chain near the top of the bale ad pull it over with the tractor? I've done it, not real hard to do. You can stand it up on end if it's laying down or make put it up on end. Hardest part is getting the strap to stay where you want it. The wife has held it or if I'm alone the round electric fence posts(either steel or fiber glass) works great. Just stick them in the bale, position the strap and go.

Latest posts