Handheld and Backpack Pump Sprayers for Diesel/Remedy Mix

Help Support CattleToday:

BrushArbors

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a handheld and/or a backpack pump sprayer that will work for applying a mixture of diesel and remedy to huisache and mesquite stumps. I've been told that seals on common garden type sprayers will fail if diesel is used in them. I have a 30-gal sprayer that works great from the bed of my truck, but I have to get in some places where I have to walk in to spray the stumps. Thanks for you help.

I've got a couple backpack sprayers, a Solo and one from Rural King. Both do ok I've had them for a few years.
As far as hand held sprayers and just get cheaper end ones.

My understanding is the ones with the diaphragm pumps work better than the piston pumps for diesel mixes. But the one I have is a piston pump. Sorry not much help.

Fence mentioned having a Milwaukee cordless sprayer awhile back. Looked really nice but because of the price I haven't gotten one yet. Might be worth looking into. You could buy extra tanks for swapping chemicals too.

I am with Allen. Buy one to throw away. Even the ones where the seals hold up get very nasty. I had good luck with Atwoods sprayers as well.

I used a generic 4 gal back sprayer for Remedy/diesel for 4 years spraying hard to get to china tallow.
Pretty sure it came from TSC. Tank devloped a crack but I JB welded it and could still use it here for differnt things if I could still manage totin nearly 40# around on my back

Fence mentioned having a Milwaukee cordless sprayer awhile back. Looked really nice but because of the price I haven't gotten one yet. Might be worth looking into. You could buy extra tanks for swapping chemicals too.
The Milwaukee sprayer is still holding up and it gets used a lot for welder fire watch. Never ran diesel through it but wouldn't be scared to.
We go through a lot of small sprayers, again for fire watch. Life on a fence truck is hard on plastic. For a good middle ground manual sprayer that's not junk and not to expensive the roundup brand is what I use.

Can anyone recommend a handheld and/or a backpack pump sprayer that will work for applying a mixture of diesel and remedy to huisache and mesquite stumps. I've been told that seals on common garden type sprayers will fail if diesel is used in them. I have a 30-gal sprayer that works great from the bed of my truck, but I have to get in some places where I have to walk in to spray the stumps. Thanks for you help.
I use the Ryobi 18v handheld sprayers. I have two, work great. The o-ring seals are Buna-N and I've pumped diesel through them with no problems. No pumping, just flip the switch and pull the trigger.

Latest posts