gun question for mikec and others

Help Support CattleToday:

"Never done it myself, but a lot of guys would gut shoot the deer so they would run in the woods and die. Not a good practice but they were that much of a pest. "

When I lived in Oregon several ranchers were arrested for gut shooting elk that were grazing in their alfalfa fields for the same reason.

BAGTIC":jg96qn9z said:
AngusLimoX":jg96qn9z said:
MikeC":jg96qn9z said:

Irresponsible weapons choice is the reason laws have been made in some locales to mandate what you can carry for deer.

55 or 60 grains isn't enough. And I say so.

If the rules were based on facts instead of uninformed opoinions the rules would be the same everywhere. Physics, biology, etc. do not vary from state to state or from county to county.

Absolutely right - informed politicians would ensure humane weapons were used everywhere. And only you one shot heart lung born killers would be allowed to hunt.

i was 11 when i started shootin blue rock with a 20 gauge. shot around with that for a while. here in nebraska the law is you cant shot a deer until your 12 so then i got a 7mm.08. its a kicker but i can handle it :lol: its not fit for a 7 year old. i would use a 223 or 410 for the little guy. but i love my 7mm .08. its a light kicker for the range it can shoot. shot a 6 pointer 300 yards away and didnt even know what hit him. it was grand. anybody else use one?

Rangenerd":157j4cnk said:
Is it legal for a 7 year old to hunt deer in Missouri? Here in California the age is 12.

Minimum is 6 for some youth hunts when accompanied by an adult

dun

dun":3201u0rm said:
Rangenerd":3201u0rm said:
Is it legal for a 7 year old to hunt deer in Missouri? Here in California the age is 12.

Minimum is 6 for some youth hunts when accompanied by an adult

dun

yeah same here, cant hunt til your 12
man i wish we had a youth hunt....

Latest posts