Growth Fund heifers

Help Support CattleToday:

You won't see any green in montana been in a drought all summer
These girls got weaned three weeks ago and are turned out in a pasture and taking care of themselves for now, I unrolled some hay for them today, their grass was kinda getting short

They've done well in the drought, what weights would they go? Have you got in mind who you are putting them to?

Ken
They're about in the 550-575# range right now we never weighed them at weaning but the steer mates weighed 550 on Aug15, as far as who we'll breed them to we've got till spring to decide so we'll look around kinda not sure what what will work best on them, definitely don't want to make a mistake when you're breeding 500 heifers to one or two bulls

Nice heifers , I like their depth and volume ! If they will milk they should be some super momma cows !

Nice heifers , I like their depth and volume ! If they will milk they should be some super momma cows !
Likewise! There's nothing worse then a beautiful cow that can't raise a calf been there before, but Deer Valley says the Growth funds milk and our Renowns milk well so I think they should make some pretty good mama's

Latest posts