Great rain

Help Support CattleToday:

East Caney

Reaction score
We got a great rain here in north Texas today. It feels like favor with God. I hope the rain caught all those in need. It's been a pretty cold and dry winter. I'm excited to sit and watch the grass grow.

Most of my part of the country got a downpour most of today. Didn't need it or anymore like it now tho. I need it to dry out.

It just started here... We had a brisk east wind today which is RARE (north-south canyon) and they often bring rain.. We don't need rain, but the mountains need snow still... It had just started to get dusty here

2.01" as of this moment. 30% chance this morning until the cool front coming pushes through. With temps around freezing in the morning it'll be another small setback for the Rye Grass. :mad:

slick4591":3vyj3n8t said:
2.01" as of this moment. 30% chance this morning until the cool front coming pushes through. With temps around freezing in the morning it'll be another small setback for the Rye Grass. :mad:
Got a total of half inch. Most of that was probably hail. Luckily it wasn't that large. Will still have to get insurance adjuster out to look at roof.

TexasBred":3c7yf7qz said:
slick4591":3c7yf7qz said:
Got a total of half inch. Most of that was probably hail. Luckily it wasn't that large. Will still have to get insurance adjuster out to look at roof.

I watched several storms split and go around me several times or we would have gotten more. Seems to be a trend for us these days. Last hail damage I had turned out to be a good thing. Just added a few grand to the insurance check and put on a nice metal roof. Insurance company gave a nice discount on our rates for it.

This sounds like a rerun! 1/2 inch of rain, 1/4 inch of sleet, now basicly a blizzard. Hard to see more then about 50 feet with the blowing snow that's already piling up.

For us it let up last night... probably about 1/4-1/2 inch.. enough it was running off, but the ground hasn't completely broken up yet and is still a bit waterlogged.

Hope it lets up for you... I'm sure you don't need white stuff right now

Got an 1.62", that's about all the ground here can take at once without it turning into the consistency of a waterlogged sponge.

slick4591":2xwku807 said:
Guess the cracks in the ground sucked up most of the runoff because the tank doesn't look much different.
Ours is barely holding a steady level. Pastures are looking good but we aren't getting our average for rainfall.

East Caney":2wrkcopt said:
We got a great rain here in north Texas today. It feels like favor with God. I hope the rain caught all those in need. It's been a pretty cold and dry winter. I'm excited to sit and watch the grass grow.

We have been extremely wet this winter got a couple inches out of this system.
The only thing that can make it through my bottom without making a rut is a wood duck.

We hadn't had any rain in three months until two days ago. We got about 1.5 inches. I am not complaining. We needed it. I am hoping it will kick start the grass.

Latest posts