Graining One

Help Support CattleToday:

I bet she will be very enjoyable. They're what I consider our unfair advantage. They're cheap if you have to buy... they don't require much for inputs, and they sure have pretty ribeyes.

I am a ribeye guy. Want a piece of fat with each bite. 😂
2 old cow ribeyes and filets.
Idk what the wife put on em.
But we gonna eat em! And that'll be all the old cow we got...
20221215_183454.jpg

Finally broke in to the Poopy steaks. Here's the first one. I believe it was a rib steak. Tenderness was pretty good. I think I overcooked it a bit, I'm still working on perfecting that.
View attachment 25021
Dont tell us you consider that fully cooked...😮😉😂 great looking steak either way🤠🥩

Did not look to see how many of you were eating on that animal but all things considered (they never are) wouldn't it make
about as much sense to just buy the meat and bypass the road to Damascus? (or Twin Falls if the other upsets you)

Did not look to see how many of you were eating on that animal but all things considered (they never are) wouldn't it make
about as much sense to just buy the meat and bypass the road to Damascus? (or Twin Falls if the other upsets you)
Better beef that you know everything about and can refine your process and outcome on.

Have u never fed one yourself and ate it??

Even the burger is in a whole different class than grocery store meat

Have u never fed one yourself and ate it??

Even the burger is in a whole different class than grocery store meat
Yes, when there were more than one or two at the table which is why I ask. Did butcher a cow, saved the ribeye, very good, and ground
the rest. There were some elk, and a lot of deer salami, saved the steaks, I have had good meat from the farm and some that took a while
to wade through. Same with the store bought. Bottom line is it is up to the individual to determine how long you want to chew on the same
animal or treat the palette to a variety of choices. Thus said we did what we needed to do with the tools we had and that included eating
what we grew. We may be in different places passing through different times. Bottom line, the breaking of the bread and the company at
the table defines the meal. Pass the biscuits!

LVR - you are confusing,. Why would anyone that raises beef be better off buying beef from a store??? There are only 2 of us in our household. I would NEVER consider buying beef at a store. We put at least side of beef in the freezer each year. Plus venison, plus a hog, plus fish.
Like MM said, just the hamburger alone is better than anything you can buy at the store. We eat lots of variety. Poultry, seafood added to whats in the freezer.
A sirloin feeds the two of us, plus leftover for bacon & beef wraps for lunches.
If there was just one of us, I would just put a 1/4 in the freezer., Easy to sell the rest.

There's only two times it's acceptable to buy beef at the store-if your going to cover it in flavor (sloppy joes, meatballs, etc) or if you're out somehow (it's happened to us b/c we were between slaughter dates). Other than that, I know where these animals came from and what they ate, and most importantly what kind of life they had. I pride myself on the fact that these animals only do what cows are supposed to do. They eat, $hit, lay in the grass and hardly go anywhere. One day the big black comes, and that's unpleasant, but they live a fantastic life out at our place. It's surprising how important that is to folks buying beef.

Latest posts