Graham School for Livestock Men and Women

Help Support CattleToday:

djswin

Reaction score
I just enrolled for the December class at Graham School in Kansas. Anybody been? Anybody want to give me any advice?

djswin":2edpbe3n said:
I just enrolled for the December class at Graham School in Kansas. Anybody been? Anybody want to give me any advice?

Tell me a little about it. Thanks. Sounds interesting.

djswin":18l41cc0 said:
http://grahamschoolforcattlemen.com/index.php

Four days seems short to cover the proposed curriculum. I hope you find it rewarding. Please report back.

I'm not sure how they do it, but I'll let everyone know after I go. I am hoping that someone in here has been and will let us know how it was.

I noticed your thread and thought I'd check around. I've been by their "office" many times, but never had any idea what they actually did. There is the Anderson County Sale Barn at 59 hwy and Park St. (Hwy 31), just a short distance from their location. I use that sale barn, sometimes.

I was in Garnett Monday to get dog my her rabies shot and heart worm test.

No one in that town ever mentions, discusses or ask about the Graham School, that I've heard of.

I called a friend who graduated HS in Garnett. He currently lives 20 miles from there and usually has about 80 head of cattle. He said he didn't know what they do. He said Frank was about 3 years ahead of him in school. He said he remembered the sign in the '60's.

How did you discover them?

D2Cat":1ekto0aa said:
I noticed your thread and thought I'd check around. I've been by their "office" many times, but never had any idea what they actually did. There is the Anderson County Sale Barn at 59 hwy and Park St. (Hwy 31), just a short distance from their location. I use that sale barn, sometimes.

I was in Garnett Monday to get dog my her rabies shot and heart worm test.

No one in that town ever mentions, discusses or ask about the Graham School, that I've heard of.

I called a friend who graduated HS in Garnett. He currently lives 20 miles from there and usually has about 80 head of cattle. He said he didn't know what they do. He said Frank was about 3 years ahead of him in school. He said he remembered the sign in the '60's.

How did you discover them?
I found them online through Google.Someone recommended a Cattle school in Kansas so i googled that and they came up. Maybe I got the wrong place.

december of 2016?? If so how did you get in for that class i enrolled a few weeks ago in the earliest available Class which was april of 2017 the said they were booked to that date

No, I don't think you have the wrong place!

I'm just unaware of what they do. I've never seen a sign or poster in the vets office, or feed store, or anywhere. They must have enough folks coming in from other places to keep their classes full. I've lived within 25 miles of there since 1967, and the sale barn so close by...I've never heard a discussion about them there either. I've just lived in ignorance!

The family is friends with our vet, he highly recommends it, but seems like every time I get an opportunity to go they're booked. Have heard nothing but positive comments. Good luck & have fun in class!

My Dad, who turned 80 this year, went to the Graham school when he was about 20-21 and a cowboy/herdsman on the Double J Ranch (Registered Polled Herefords) in N MS. Many times when we are checking or working cows he still references things he learned at that school. Starts his statement with "At the Graham School".
He has always been very proud of the cow knowledge he got there.
Good luck and enjoy!!

I went back in the seventies.....

farm I was working on then was too tight to pay the vet to preg check.....

I went to the Graham School to learn how to preg check.....I learned and checked the whole herd for several years....learned a lot of other stuff as well....

So it used to be real good with good instructors but that was over a lifetime ago for some of you folks....

Latest posts