Gotta love Ol Willie

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
Willie Nelson's public statement regarding being caught with a bag of Marijuana:

"It's a good thing I had a bag of Marijuana instead of a bag of spinach. I'd be dead by now."

I'm not a doper, but I wish they would just legalize it. If you take the crime out of it you'll take the money out of it and you'll stop making the scum of the earth rich and also reduce theft and violent crime against innocents. JMO

Jogeephus":z0fzoasg said:
I'm not a doper, but I wish they would just legalize it. If you take the crime out of it you'll take the money out of it and you'll stop making the scum of the earth rich and also reduce theft and violent crime against innocents. JMO

MJ or spinach?

dun

dun":5jsy90st said:
Jogeephus":5jsy90st said:

MJ or spinach?

dun

Ha! I have to agree with Jogeephus here. People would still buy it illegally, though, cause you know that if the government got into the pot business, it would cease to be good pot.

But I really don't want to go to Mom's and see her sitting on the sofa with a bag of Doritos and a glazed look on her face! And I'm afraid she'd do it, too!

Ya gotta love my 77 year old mom!

The government wont legalize it until they figgure out a way to tax something anyone can grow in their back yard.

If you want to take the profit out of it just let the gov get involved. They couldn;t even get the Mustang Ranch to make a profit.

dun

Jogeephus":2uf0394p said:

I agree.

Saltydawg":1742d4pu said:
I don't support legalizing that kinda stuff but that comment was worth a good laugh. :lol:

Albert Einstein once said "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results".

Don't laugh. Help us figure out how to fix it.

dun":3q5smehd said:
If you want to take the profit out of it just let the gov get involved. They couldn;t even get the Mustang Ranch to make a profit.

dun

Subsidy from the gumment?

How much would a 4 by 5 round bale go for in a drought? (might be cheaper than coastal with a subsidy)

Saltydawg":20iikbm4 said:
I don't support legalizing that kinda stuff but that comment was worth a good laugh. :lol:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not for drugs one bit. But you got to chose what battles you can fight - and this is not one of them. Our jails are full. It costs about 30,000 per year to house an inmate. We can't afford to continue building new jails - so what do they do. Let the suckers out. A life sentence in Georgia equates to seven years - you are out in less for good behavior.

My father was shot on Christmas Eve by two dopers who were serving 21 years for armed robbery. They served 18 months and were parolled. Three days later they robbed and shot my dad so they could get high.

Legalize it, and you'll take the crime out of it, you'll take the money out of it and you'll take the violance out of it. I don't care if they kill themselves. If they are stupid enough to put drano up their nose - let em. (Heck, this will be a windfall for social security) Just don't go hurtin my family and friends in search of a high.

It has been legalized in some countries and they don't have the crime we have. This is not just my opinion but the opinion of several drug agents I have talked to.

Or the government could follow my plan. Bring back public hangings - this would end the habitual offender problem. ;-)

It has been said "Never create a law or a rule you cannot enforce". I was in Austin last fall and having lunch right off the campus with the man who owns the land I lease for my mares. We watched a cop stop a young feller walking down the street smoking a joint. The cop wrote him a ticket and confiscated the joint. The kid had another one lit before the cop got out of sight. My landlord said he'd probably get a $150 fine...maybe.Z

The weed should've been legalized a long time ago. My 2 cents.

Alice

If the arguement to legalize dope is extracted to any other controlled drug, where does it end? Will we have people making web sites to legalize meth or crack cocaine? Will women be less likely to sell themselves into prostitution for another hit of crack because it has a government stamp on it? What will we say when some child dies because his school lunch got laced with a drug we legalized, all in the name of a prank?

draw a line in the sand.

perda04 said:
If the argument to legalize dope is extracted to any other controlled drug, where does it end? Will we have people making web sites to legalize meth or crack cocaine? Will women be less likely to sell themselves into prostitution for another hit of crack because it has a government stamp on it? What will we say when some child dies because his school lunch got laced with a drug we legalized, all in the name of a prank?

draw a line in the sand.[/quote
AMEN AMEN!!!!!I pastor in an area that has been taken over with drugs, beginning MJ Two of my young men are in prison for meth, alcohol and crack. My town is a rural little town with only 9000 people. Draw a deep Line in the sand
BUD

perda04":38nqwgfl said:
If the arguement to legalize dope is extracted to any other controlled drug, where does it end? Will we have people making web sites to legalize meth or crack cocaine? Will women be less likely to sell themselves into prostitution for another hit of crack because it has a government stamp on it? What will we say when some child dies because his school lunch got laced with a drug we legalized, all in the name of a prank?

draw a line in the sand.

What about the most commonly abused drug, alcohol? Seems like the gargoyle has already been let out of the closet

dun

Bud In lower Ala":zc1jlar8 said:
perda04":zc1jlar8 said:
If the argument to legalize dope is extracted to any other controlled drug, where does it end? Will we have people making web sites to legalize meth or crack cocaine? Will women be less likely to sell themselves into prostitution for another hit of crack because it has a government stamp on it? What will we say when some child dies because his school lunch got laced with a drug we legalized, all in the name of a prank?

draw a line in the sand.[/quote
AMEN AMEN!!!!!I pastor in an area that has been taken over with drugs, beginning MJ Two of my young men are in prison for meth, alcohol and crack. My town is a rural little town with only 9000 people. Draw a deep Line in the sand
BUD

I hate to hear that. Do you think they will be better people after being educated in prison? In our state, they should be out promptly. Only gotta serve 1/7 of your sentence. Out in less if you are good and don't start a riot or something.

Its a shame we can't draw a line in the sand and have the government enforce it. The war on drugs is a joke. I can go down any afternoon and watch the drugs being sold right in front of the hospital and near the school. Our main crack dealer was turned away from prison and sent home because when he got there he was hyped up on cocaine. The prison could not take responsibility for him in that condition. They gave him back to sheriff and he sent him home to clean up. Go figure.

Latest posts