Gotta brag

Help Support CattleToday:

Like the others above me have said so well, Congratulations both Mr. and Mrs. Jo as well as your son. That kind of situation doesn't happen overnight nor does it come without personal sacrifice. Have had a student and some people from our church go to Mayo. All rave about the care, both personal and emotional that the staff take care of. Good job family!!

Some things are worth tooting your horn about,and Jo,I'd say this is one of them.
Congrats to You wife and Son. :clap:

Cal

Gotta brag some more. Here is Manchild #2 again. (the one on the left 3Way). He has been playing semi-pro soccer and is a starter on his college team. With torn ligaments and an injured ankle he still was able to do the razzle dazzle on his long legged opponent.

IMG_6885.jpg

In spite of his many extracurricular activities he just informed me he was just accepted into med school at the first college he interviewed and in record time no less. I'm as tickled as a puppy with two .... um ..... let's just say I'm chuffed. He wants to become a surgeon then become a research doctor so he can study cancer. I'm really proud of him and told him today after he thanked me :???: that HE was the one NOT ME. It was his choices that got him to where he is today and if he will keep on making the right choices the sky is the limit - of course I did remind him of that inconvenient thing called gravity.

I think its also worth mentioning that while I do have a secret college fund for him he thinks he has been walking the tightrope without a net and he has earned a full ride through a very expensive private college on his own due to his academics and sports ability. At one time, he was considering going professional with soccer but I warned him about the reality of injuries and encouraged him to put his academics first and allow the sports to just be the icing on the cake. But with David Beckham raking in the money and his signing autographs and having his tab picked up at restaurants and pubs during his semi-pro jaunt the lure was quite tempting but he did mostly as I suggested. Then he got injured and he understood that his old man was not trying to kill his dream but to help him fulfill it.

I don't believe his college fund will be sufficient to cover the costs of med school so we will have to cross that bridge when we get to it. If he is able to continue unassisted through the whole deal his college fund will be his to begin his new life with but I have no problem with helping him through med school because this will probably be the best investment I'll ever make. Besides, I've told him I want 20% of his earnings for putting up with him. And that is before taxes.

That's two weaned and just one more to go. The Bug is a heifer and I'm in uncharted water with this sex but for some reason she is as hardheaded or should I say bullheaded as her brothers. Top of her class too and I think she will be alright but then again - she is a young lady and they have always puzzled me.

Joe being the father of "daughters only" let me tell you about them......on second thought forget it. :???: Do what you can. :lol: :lol2:

I'm scared enough already. I thought my boys were stubborn but she can be downright bullheaded at times. Must get that from her ma huh?

Well done Dad. He won't need a free phone. Our baby girl is 14 years old already. And boy is she different than her older brothers.

Latest posts