Good places to eat?

Help Support CattleToday:

Stay away from Cracker barrel. Rather get stuff from a vending machine than one of thoes joints anymore.

OH MY! We were in Kansas they brought our food out frozen. My husband spit his out. I'm talking FROZEN just a little thawed. The witness came asked how our food was about the same time my husband was spit it out. 😆🤦🏽‍♀️ he said I'm not eating that 💩!!! She said well she have to find a manger to get it taking off our bill. He said I'm not paying for that 💩. We waited over an hour for that 💩. As horrible as it was still cracks me up. That was 6 years ago and haven't ate at one since. 🤢🤮

As many of you know I do a lot of traveling. From Florida to Maine, west to North and South Dakota and South to TX. Looking for good places to stop and eat. Not the normal Waffle House or Texas Roadhouse although they are good. Just the good breakfast, lunch, or dinner places. Middle of the night places also as I travel a lot at night.

We always go to the mom and pops places, don't do alot of franchise.

Well left Friday night and got back last night. Delivered to Ocala Florida. Stopped at Waffle House. Came back up the East coast but traffic was so bad I never stopped anywhere except once to get diesel.

McDonald's serves more than 60 million visitors every day. I left early and got back late yesterday on a trip to Arkansas. I envy anybody that is willing to get out on the road and deal with all the problems. I probably averaged 80mph(about got ran over a few times at that), went through several road constructions, coming back through Knoxville last night it rained 4 inches and visibility was maybe 50 feet. When I got home I was more tired than if I have handled square hay bales all day.

Too bad Yelp has become so corrupted. It used to be very handy to find mom and pop places. Not anymore.

Fine dining at it's best :)

Still several notches up from an old almost defunct franchise called Pitt Grill. They seem to be hit or miss tho. Some are good, some are horrible. The one in Atlanta Tx I stopped in around 2017 had a dark film of cig/kitchen smoke/grease on the whole ceiling and cobwebs on the ceiling a/c vents. I went to their restroom and found the toilet not even bolted to the floor. The one in New Boston Tx tho was always pretty good and nice and clean. The 2 that were in Baytown Tx when I was young were very good family type diners.

HDRider, TripAdvisor is a little better but not much so.

Places like that type venue are a vanishing thing it seems.
Beware..There is a new fast food franchise coming to/invading the USA called Jollibees. Philippine fast food. They plan to open 234 new places this year. The 'YumBurger' is anything but yummy with a nasty 'secret sauce'.. IMO.

jollibee.jpg

Stay away from Cracker barrel. Rather get stuff from a vending machine than one of thoes joints anymore.
Interesting. That's on my list as one of the few chain restaurants I've never had a problem with. I love Cracker Barrel.

Anyway, there is a mom & pop diner in Bowling Green, Ky. I loved the food, and it has a great rep. It's open 5:00-2:00 central.

There is a place in Tompkinsville, Ky called Dovies. It's a hamburger joint that has been there for 80 years. They don't even have french fries. They have a special sauce that makes the burgers unique and people come from all around. They cook them behind the counter for everyone to see. You get a hamburger or Cheesburger, a bag of chips and a drink.

I am in agreement with those that don't like Cracker Barrel. It might have once been a decent place to eat. About any time we've eaten there over the last several years, it's been bad dining experiences. Food is either not fully cooked or burnt to a crisp.
There used to be a few mom and pop restaurants around some surrounding counties that were pretty good. Used to go to one and have catfish or pork tenderloin about ever Friday evening while listening to local country/bluegrass musicians. It closed down a few years back.

I am in agreement with those that don't like Cracker Barrel. It might have once been a decent place to eat. About any time we've eaten there over the last several years, it's been bad dining experiences. Food is either not fully cooked or burnt to a crisp.
There used to be a few mom and pop restaurants around some surrounding counties that were pretty good. Used to go to one and have catfish or pork tenderloin about ever Friday evening while listening to local country/bluegrass musicians. It closed down a few years back.
I guess it's only fair that there be restraunts like cracker barrel for the lower class people who don't know a bad restraunt when they eat at one to go too ! Mostly uneducated type of people ! Lol !!!

I am just joking !!! Couldn't pass that one up !!! Lol !!! I have the same opinion as it hills on Cracker barrel. At one time I liked it. But it's gone down hill the last time i was there.

So for all you cracker barrel fans bone appitee !!! Lol!

I guess it's only fair that there be restraunts like cracker barrel for the lower class people who don't know a bad restraunt when they eat at one to go too ! Mostly uneducated type of people ! Lol !!!

I am just joking !!! Couldn't pass that one up !!! Lol !!! I have the same opinion as it hills on Cracker barrel. At one time I liked it. But it's gone down hill the last time i was there.

So for all you cracker barrel fans bone appitee !!! Lol!
You won't believe it, but I did have a cash- register fail there about 20 years ago. Can you believe it? It's been so long I can't remember down to the penny, but it was something like: My bill was $22, I gave her $25, and she gave me back $21. I didn't mind the mistake. What annoyed me was that when I brought it to her attention, she had quickly shut the drawer. The manager had to come out, and he acted like it annoyed him that I said anything. He wasn't friendly at all. So I decided next time I would just keep it. Knowing my luck, that would be the day John Quinones from "What Would You Do" would confront me in the parking lot.

You won't believe it, but I did have a cash- register fail there about 20 years ago. Can you believe it? It's been so long I can't remember down to the penny, but it was something like: My bill was $22, I gave her $25, and she gave me back $21. I didn't mind the mistake. What annoyed me was that when I brought it to her attention, she had quickly shut the drawer. The manager had to come out, and he acted like it annoyed him that I said anything. He wasn't friendly at all. So I decided next time I would just keep it. Knowing my luck, that would be the day John Quinones from "What Would You Do" would confront me in the parking lot.
Absolutely not !!! I know you don't beleave me but I am not down on Cracker barrel or the cashier's who made the mistakes giving money back too me.

And i am not blaming teachers for what's happening with so many kids not learning even the basics in school either.

Something i feel that is part of the problem is asking too much from teachers.

Something i feel that is part of the problem is asking too much from teachers.
By that i mean I truthfully feel it is next to impossible to instruct 50 or more students in a class room at a time. I don't think that's fair for a teacher to try and do. Shouldn't exspect them to have to do something like that. And it's not fair to the kids either. We as adults aren't all the same nor are our kids all the same. This common core bull shat has one speed. If you can't keep up. Teachers are told to leave thoes kids behind. Thats not right.

Absolutely not !!! I know you don't beleave me but I am not down on Cracker barrel or the cashier's who made the mistakes giving money back too me.

And i am not blaming teachers for what's happening with so many kids not learning even the basics in school either.
It's all good. I do believe you. I enjoy exchanging comments. No hard feelings here.

Latest posts