Good places to eat?

Help Support CattleToday:

kenny thomas

Reaction score
As many of you know I do a lot of traveling. From Florida to Maine, west to North and South Dakota and South to TX. Looking for good places to stop and eat. Not the normal Waffle House or Texas Roadhouse although they are good. Just the good breakfast, lunch, or dinner places. Middle of the night places also as I travel a lot at night.

As many of you know I do a lot of traveling. From Florida to Maine, west to North and South Dakota and South to TX. Looking for good places to stop and eat. Not the normal Waffle House or Texas Roadhouse although they are good. Just the good breakfast, lunch, or dinner places. Middle of the night places also as I travel a lot at night.
Seems like good restraunts are really dropping like flys around here anymore. But if you are ever headed back to Oklahoma City area again i know of a couple of palaces that are fairly accessible off of 40 that might work for you pulling a trailer. Both buffet style dinning. On Chinese and other just home style cooking like your granny use to cook, frie chicken, pork steaks, chicken & dumplings, mashed taters stuff along thoes lines.

Depends on how many miles off the interstate your willing to travel there is a golden coral thats not too bad.

You know even the truck stop restraunts have gone down hill around here.

You know even the truck stop restraunts have gone down hill around here.
Most of the truck stops around here closed their traditional full serve cafes down years ago and opted for Arbys or Subway etc.

KT. Unless it has closed or changed, The Ranch Restaurant in Queen City/Atlanta Tx on US 59 has always had the best flat iron steak I ever ate. It's right next to Travel Inn. (Been a few years since I stopped there tho)

Seems like good restraunts are really dropping like flys around here anymore. But if you are ever headed back to Oklahoma City area again i know of a couple of palaces that are fairly accessible off of 40 that might work for you pulling a trailer. Both buffet style dinning. On Chinese and other just home style cooking like your granny use to cook, frie chicken, pork steaks, chicken & dumplings, mashed taters stuff along thoes lines.

Depends on how many miles off the interstate your willing to travel there is a golden coral thats not too bad.
I can always stop at one on my return trip. I like buffet.

Armstrong's in Verona is at the top of my list, right off 81 and plenty of parking around back. Let me know ahead of time and I'll meet you there.

Ridgewood BBQ between Elizabethton and Bluff City TN or Mike's BBQ in Mountain City
TN are a toss up to me for best BBQ around. Monsoons between Butler and Mountain City has the best homemade egg rolls I have ever had. Pleasant Grocery in Butler also makes a darn good cheese steak. The Old Town Pancake House in Jonesboro TN has the best steak and eggs i have ever eaten. They use a ribeye and it is still under $10.

I can always stop at one on my return trip. I like buffet.
It's been a while since I have been to any of these places but I will swing by and eat lunch there and send you their adress just to make sure i can still give them my seal of approval Lol !!!

I have been staying away from thoes kind of places because i was getting a little above my ideal fighting weight if you know what I mean ! Lol !!! Thoes buffets tend to do that to a fella .

Ridgewood BBQ between Elizabethton and Bluff City TN or Mike's BBQ in Mountain City
TN are a toss up to me for best BBQ around. Monsoons between Butler and Mountain City has the best homemade egg rolls I have ever had. Pleasant Grocery in Butler also makes a darn good cheese steak. The Old Town Pancake House in Jonesboro TN has the best steak and eggs i have ever eaten. They use a ribeye and it is still under $10.
I haven't tried Mike's, but I love Ridgewood. Phil's Dream Pit close to Kingsport is really good too.

If you're in Louisville KY - my vote always goes to Highland Morning, on Bardstown Rd., for breakfast or lunch. Can't beat it.

Columbia MO - I gotta hit Mugs Up for a Zip burger and chili-cheese fries!

Latest posts