good ol' boy vs hillbilly

Help Support CattleToday:

Sir Loin

Reaction score
What's the difference between a good ol' boy and a hillbilly?
The good ol' boy raises livestock. The hillbilly gets emotionally involved.

A man and a woman who had never met before, but who were married to other people,
found themselves assigned to the same sleeping room on a transcontinental train.
Though initially embarrassed and uneasy over sharing a room, they were both very tired
and fell asleep quickly, he in the upper berth and she in the lower.
At 1:00 AM, the man leaned down and gently
woke the woman saying, 'Ma'am, I'm sorry to
bother you, but would you be willing to reach
into the closet to get me a second blanket? I'm
awfully cold.'
'I have a better idea,' she replied, 'Why not, just
for tonight, let's pretend that we're married'
'Wow! That's a great idea!' he exclaimed.
'Good,' she replied cheefully, 'Then get your
own damned blanket.'
After a moment of silence, he farted.

One day in the town of New Braunfels, where
there is a large German-speaking population, a
local rancher was driving down a country road when he noticed a man using his hand to
drink water from the rancher's stock pond.
The rancher rolled down the window and shouted: "Sehr angenehm! Trink das Wasser
nicht. Die kuehe haben darein geschissen." Which means: "Glad to meet you! Don't drink
the water. The cows have **** in it."
The man shouted back: "I'm from New York City and just down here campaigning for
President Obama. I can't understand you. Please speak in English."
The rancher replied: "I said, use both hands!"

One day, shortly after joining the PGA tour in 1965, Lee Trevino, a professional golfer
and married man, was at his home in Dallas mowing his front lawn, as he always did.
A lady driving by in a big, shiny Cadillac stopped in front of his house, lowered the window
and asked, "Excuse me, do you speak English?
Lee responded, "Yes Ma'am, I do."
The lady then asked, "What do you charge to do yard work?
Lee said, "Well, the lady in this house lets me sleep with her."
The lady hurriedly put the car into gear and sped off.

She married and had 13 children. Her husband died. She married again and had 7 more

children. Again, Her husband died. But, she remarried and this time had 5 more children.

Alas, she finally died.

Standing before her coffin, the preacher prayed for her. He thanked the Lord for this very

loving woman and said, "Thanks unto God, they're finally together."

One mourner leaned over and quietly asked her friend, "Do you think he means her first,

second or third husband?" The friend replied, "I think he means her legs."

laughing.gif

:lol: OK you asked for it! :lol:
He thought he farted but instead sh-- himself! :roll:

What a luxury to be able to witness first hand the works of a Tom Lasater, Jim Lent, or a Larry Leonhardt. The rest of us are only left to READ about their practices.

You can watch Bill , Dick, or Larry all day or try your luck with trial and error - as far as me?..I'm going to the CREDIBLE source, whether words their mouths or from the hand they write with, to make the most well informed decision possible.

Good for you Massey135.

I'm still waiting for your reply to my questions.

You mentioned your years of experience with cattle and how many you have owned . Were you in 4-H or FFA and did you show cattle? How did you get started in cattle and how old were you?

Massey135":28gp1rr2 said:
by Massey135 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:42 pm in "Cows"
Chippie, hold your britches. Id like to answer when I'm not having to peck on my phone.

Massey135":23c9uka7 said:
What a luxury to be able to witness first hand the works of a Tom Lasater, Jim Lent, or a Larry Leonhardt. The rest of us are only left to READ about their practices.

You can watch Bill , Dick, or Larry all day or try your luck with trial and error - as far as me?..I'm going to the CREDIBLE source, whether words their mouths or from the hand they write with, to make the most well informed decision possible.
don't matter you'd have em pi$$ed off, after they listened to you anyway... besides i aint seen those guys do anything...................... only read about it :cowboy:

They'd love me ALA, no doubt.

Alright Chippie,

Moved to the fam farm when I was 7.

Step dad and mom wanted nothing more to do with the 20 grade Angus cows that were left there than to pay taxes. I hung up my scwinn in the barn. It's still there. Folks paid for the feed if I'd take care of em. Is sit on the tailgate of the truck and pour cubes while my mom drove. Funny how you remember struggling so hard to pick up a bag of feed. I got the excess $ over the land taxes in exchange. I always kept heifers. Some kids wanted go carts or playstations or w/e.. I wanted cows. A lot of birthday and Christmas heifers. I jus wanted a ride to the sale barn to buy more calves. Mostly heifers I'd keep. I never paid any taxes and always kept heifers. It's amazing how fast you can build a herd this way. I can't even recall how many times when I was 11-12 I'd get dropped off at the salebarn with my $220 bucks I had saved from this or that and bought a calf. I bottlefed calves before school for as far back as I can remember. My parents hated it, I loved it. My stepdad finally stopped paying for the feed when I was bout freshmen in hs when he had 12 cows and I had 40 lol. I'd always bribe help from guys at school with beer for help workin cows. God knows step dad wasnt takin off tie to help with it. Sold most of those cows off during my misspent youth 18-21. After college, I hit up the FSA for the beginning farmer rancher loan. They funded my purebred cows. Now I run some commercial brangus x cows on my family land and lease a cpl more hundred acres for my shorthorns. I'm hard headed and cow crazy. Any more questions?

Latest posts