Good looking bull calf

Help Support CattleToday:

Baldie Maker":v1f55u9w said:
I really like the masculinity that he displays; but I would question the financial soundness of anyone who keeps bulls from their own herd without knowing the full pedigree with as many genetic defects as we have identified within the black angus gene pool in the last several years. Especially if that animal were to be breed to his half sisters therefore increasing the odds of displaying defects and suffering financially.
I already knew what is his dam's pedigree since her great great grandmother was born, raised and bred on my place. As for the sire, his sire is registered but his dam could be registered but the breeder choose to not register her. No defects that shows up in our herd for over 20 years. As for the half siblings mating, I'm not too concerned about it since we always split up the herds during summers. Again, there are commercial unpapered bulls that is good as the "registered" bulls. Just becaus they have papers, doesn't meant they're good bulls.

But with papers you have a better idea of what you should see in your calves. Maybe Cowgirl8 is looking for a new bull?

ram":uzxz256f said:
But with papers you have a better idea of what you should see in your calves. Maybe Cowgirl8 is looking for a new bull?
So Angus + Angus = mongrel? Like I said, I already knew his pedigree and I doubt he has any breeds in him or throws any calves with funky colors. If he was used on Cowgirl8's cows, you won't get anything but black calves that will do well at the sale barns.

Latest posts