Gone - A little information

Help Support CattleToday:

grannysoo":u03u829l said:
Mod1":u03u829l said:
Checked the logs again. I think there may be a computer gremlin lose. The logs now show a lot more actions taken. When I first checked it there were on 14 pages of logging, this time there is over a hundred.
I wonder if some of the deleted things fell into the computer glich department.

You don't work for the gubmint do you? :lol: I heard about some some email that went missing from the science department.
I got an email from cfpinz today that shows that elvis and mj are living together in a trailer in the boonies somewhere

[q

Looks to me like Lammie had one locked on nov 24.

Cal[/quote]
Having a thread locked and having a thread deleted are two different things.[/quote]

I might not be too smart but I'm smart enough to know deleting a thread and locking one is two different things.
But correct me if I'm wrong but I think that Mod1 said the last action was Oct 27.
I do believe locking a thread would be considered taking action.

Cal

Calman":1w6nqt8d said:
[q

Cal
Having a thread locked and having a thread deleted are two different things.[/quote]

I might not be too smart but I'm smart enough to know deleting a thread and locking one is two different things.
But correct me if I'm wrong but I think that Mod1 said the last action was Oct 27.

Cal[/quote]
Read a few more posts

Mod1":2w36n8q7 said:
RD-Sam":2w36n8q7 said:
Mod1":2w36n8q7 said:
The ratio is about 10:1 of topics deleted by the original poster compared to those deleted by Moderators

Maybe the mod is accessing the posters account and deleting them? :x
From conversations with Macon he doesn't even have that ability. I would think that there is some way he could but he says he doesn't know how it could be done.
I'm still thinking computer gremlins.

I think the only way Macon can do that is if he bans someone and then everything they posted disappears unless another poster has quoted them in a post.

Mod 1, it would not be the first time a glitch or perhaps even an outsider has infiltrated a website and caused havoc. Let's hope it gets figured out soon..

I don't know if this qualifies as an ACTION by a moderator but I had 3 responses in a row deleted by Mod 2 because that person said I was being a smarta$$.

To be fair it was in regard to the dumbest quotes thread that I posted where I said I have nothing to add. If anyone would like to see the exchange in it's entirety, PM me

And I thought 1984 was just an Orwell novel.

3waycross":2h4qqyss said:
I don't know if this qualifies as an ACTION by a moderator but I had 3 responses in a row deleted by Mod 2 because that person said I was being a smarta$$.

To be fair it was in regard to the dumbest quotes thread that I posted where I said I have nothing to add. If anyone would like to see the exchange in it's entirety, PM me

And I thought 1984 was just an Orwell novel.

I see a likeness to Animal Farm more myself.. ;-)

dun":2qtgit83 said:
Calman":2qtgit83 said:
[q

Cal
Having a thread locked and having a thread deleted are two different things.

Cal[/quote]
Read a few more posts[/quote]
Right.

Well hell, seeing how a mod started this thread, and we're talking about mods.... let's talk about them a little more.

Seems that the mods here get little to no respect. With that being said, perhaps it's deserving because the mods are so secretive about who they are. Why don't the real mods stand up and have the title moderator placed under their name. Whether you like a mod or not doesn't matter. When a member has the title of moderator, that member is recognized as a valuable member who is beneficial to the board.

That's the way it is on every other board that I know of, and it works well.

There are members here with the moderator title, as per the member list.

B. Goode has the title today. Running Arrow Bill had it until a day or two or three ago.

Why hide? It's easy to moderate from behind a mask.....

I had one locked and one deleted on the 24th. Not complaining but for the sake of accuracy... I can't claim innocence, but I seldom start a thread designed to get locked from the get go. Most of the time someone else chimes in with some smarta$$ reply and that's when it gets locked.

There has to be some difference between the posts we start here and the bloodbath at ranchers. I won't go there. Those people are mean. Mean people suck.

Reading ranchers.net is like reading the comments at the end of a foxsports.com news story. Unreadable garbage. People that love ranchers.net ought to go there and stay there. I don't know why people get bothered when something they post on here gets deleted. Doesn't bother me at all.

RD-Sam":e2v798pi said:
Mod1":e2v798pi said:
The ratio is about 10:1 of topics deleted by the original poster compared to those deleted by Moderators

Maybe the mod is accessing the posters account and deleting them? :x

Interesting. Last month I got got on the board but was not signed in yet it showed I was signed in. Thought this was strange. Couldn't post cause I wasn't signed in. Closed out. Reopened and was stll on the board. I signed in and it went away.

dun":y3gp9m85 said:
grannysoo":y3gp9m85 said:
Mod1":y3gp9m85 said:
Checked the logs again. I think there may be a computer gremlin lose. The logs now show a lot more actions taken. When I first checked it there were on 14 pages of logging, this time there is over a hundred.

You don't work for the gubmint do you? :lol: I heard about some some email that went missing from the science department.
I got an email from cfpinz today that shows that elvis and mj are living together in a trailer in the boonies somewhere

I got an email today that said Cfpinz and Michael Jackson were living together in a singlewide. Is it really true?

I think we got a "bug" 'cause too many odd things are going on. Speaking of which,where is Sigma shooterwhatever? Wasn't he going in for surgery?

I know a couple of moderators and I suspect but am not sure - I know one more.

They attain that position by being asked or volunteering for a rather thankless task.

They follow a set of rules to the best of their ability.

Thay act upon these rules.

It will pizzz people off at times - myself included

However I personally would not want the job

Perhaps some who want to complain should step up to the plate?

Regards

[Bez]

What Bez said "Ditto"

"If both sides are unhappy I've done my job right" what I'd tell the kids

tncattle467":26q4fwae said:
Mod1":26q4fwae said:

Wouldnt it have been better to check all this out before coming on here and acting like a smart arse and then sounding like a dumb arse after you "checked into it?"

Anyone want to make odds on how long this current incarnation will be around with statements like this?????????

Nice responses TN ole buddy you are for sure a model of intelligence. The rest of us are dwarfed by your intelect.

Latest posts