Goat and lamb pictures

Help Support CattleToday:

Keren

Reaction score
My little patch of earth, Perth, WA, Australia
FB Boer buck I am using this year. His name is Padre and he's about 16 mths old. He's still a little thin after breeding all the does but starting to put some of his weight back on. He was brilliantly thick when I got him, but whittled down to nothing while he was breeding his girls lol

DSCF6257.jpg

DSCF6275.jpg

DSCF6276.jpg

DSCF6278.jpg

DSCF6279.jpg

DSCF6283.jpg

This one is fuzzy but it shows how strong his head is

DSCF6286.jpg

DSCF6287.jpg

Heath and Padre

DSCF6289.jpg

Heath - this guy's fertility is questionable - you can see the difference in size in the testicles. They were normal when I got him - and a week before joining all of a sudden one was twice the size of the other. Did not respond to antibiotics and they've been this way over a year now

DSCF6292.jpg

Heath loving on Red the wether

DSCF6270.jpg

Dynamo (commercial buck born Sep 08)

DSCF6261.jpg

Charlotte, my poor girl who is sick (also Dynamo's mum)

DSCF6255.jpg

Possum and Fiona, saanen sisters about 1 and a half

DSCF6312.jpg

Erika - bottle lamb almost 3 weeks old

DSCF6250.jpg

Emilia - bottle lamb almost 1 week old. aka 'Lambzilla' - she is taller and heavier than Erika and also drinks more milk

DSCF6252.jpg

Crackerplease":10ns6r8d said:
How much does that big billy weigh... when he's fat?

I'm not entirely sure, he (Padre) isnt full grown yet and he's a smaller framed buck, very thick though. I estimate he will mature out around 220lbs in good working condition, on just pasture and hay. I'd estimate him at around 180lbs now. I'm just about to put him on feed for a show in September so it will be interesting to see what he can carry. The bucks I've fed out in the past of similar bloodlines reached 330lbs easily when on full feed, I dont see any reason why he shouldnt hit that target.

The other, grey coloured buck (Heath) is an Angora which is a fleece breed and even though he's a taller framed buck, they are much lighter made and dont flesh well (think dairy cow); he'd be about 175lbs and probably wont get a whole lot heavier. Except when he's in full fleece he will carry about 15lbs of fleece.

Those are nice animals. Hope Heath works out his issues and makes some babies for you. I love the little lambs!

thanks lm, he's on his last chance this year, I ran him with a mob for a joining cycle, then took him out and put another buck in. When we ultrasounded for pregnancies, it does look like he may have got some of them pregnant, so he gets to hang around until the kids are born, the time frame will let me know for sure.

Latest posts