Give me some opinions of this heifer.....

Help Support CattleToday:

shortyjock89

Reaction score
Perfect Timing x Hoosier Hot Shot April heifer calf.

100_0770.jpg

Very hard to judge her hindquarter because of the background, but she looks fairly correct, would have prefered more depth if I have to find fault.

TN and Knersie- I agree that she could be a little deeper, but she was just weaned two weeks ago, and hasn't beed fed much. Her momma was a first calf heifer too. Not an excuse, just an explanation.

TN- I have seen that you like ALL animals thick through the neck....thickness in the neck leads to thickness/coarseness in the shoulders, and we all know that leads to harder calving animals. I kinda think she will make a good cow once she grows up, feminine but not too extreme with some thickness and balance...but then again I raised her :lol2:

I definitely don't mind seeing some more thickness in a bull's neck, it's part of him being masculine. I guess it's just a matter of preference, but I prefer a more feminine fronted female, but hey, whatever works for you..I don't know that I could make money at this if I were raising commercial cattle vs. my show cattle.

I understand thet she's her mama's first but, even so, I like to see a little more depth on my weanlings. Nice heifer though. Looks like a good bit of potential.

this is a very nice heifer. she is clean through the neck and well balanced. i like her and she's flashy. she has tured out very nice for mommas first. i think she will get deeper as she grows but i'd like to see a picture of her rear and over her hip.

and me prsonally i love those really clean necked calves. i've seen they do better than most wasty calves in the ring. at least thats how it's went in sw florida.

but good work with her so far!

Latest posts