Show cattle to fund me

Help Support CattleToday:

It says goal is $1K
I was referring to the fact that they had someone else write the essay while pretending it was the kid. They apparently didn't even proof read it. Probably not the best route to go when they're basically begging strangers for free money. I wouldn't be shocked if there wasn't even a kid involved, just a new and easier way to panhandle.

"I'm reaching out to you today to share my lifelong passion for show cattle and to ask for your help in pursuing my dreams in the world of livestock exhibitions. Raising, training, and showing cattle has been a part of my life for as long as I can remember,"

Those words might sound impressive if written by or about someone that actually had a couple/3 decades under their belt, but looking at his picture, just how long could it be?

I used to donate calves to FFA/4H kids that had the desire to raise one but whose parents couldn't really afford to purchase a calf and I'm glad I was able to do it. Definitely not high pedigreed calves but not culls either.
In this case, I'd be more inclined to make a donation to an FFA/4H chapter than directly to a gofund me thing.

"I'm reaching out to you today to share my lifelong passion for show cattle and to ask for your help in pursuing my dreams in the world of livestock exhibitions. Raising, training, and showing cattle has been a part of my life for as long as I can remember,"

Those words might sound impressive if written by or about someone that actually had a couple/3 decades under their belt, but looking at his picture, just how long could it be?

I used to donate calves to FFA/4H kids that had the desire to raise one but whose parents couldn't really afford to purchase a calf and I'm glad I was able to do it. Definitely not high pedigreed calves but not culls either.
In this case, I'd be more inclined to make a donation to an FFA/4H chapter than directly to a gofund me thing.
Yes. Kids can lease animals to show, that lease can be pretty darn cheap or free if you want it to be. My cousin and his boys had an arrangement to show cattle for a man, all they paid was the feed it took to keep them during the required time/show season.

Well after sponsoring 2 steers last year, I am not sure what a $1000 is going to do for him, feed cost $3000 each. You cant by a decent show steer for less the $2500, I don't thank you can even get a feed lot calf for less than $1200 right now. I know a lot of the kids at the local FFA last year had sponsors who paid for the steers and feed and got the animal back at the end.

That GoFundMe has still not raised the first dollar when I just checked the page. If anyone feels the need to contribute to cattle kids with big dreams and short on money, I suspect you already know plenty of local people who will actually spend the money on cows. Probably can personally deliver the money without leaving the house.

I was talking a friend and he said to copy the description and paste it into a artificial intelligence checker it turned out it was wrote by a Ai

Last edited:
That kid definitely did not write that.
"Now, I'm taking a big step in this journey," "Now, I'm taking a big step in this journey,"

This 'journey" business is liberal looloo speak. Anytime I read the word 'journey' that does not involve crossing some landscape I stop reading and turn the page.