Show cattle movie idea

Help Support CattleToday:

I❤️shorthorns

Reaction score
Title: "Show Steer"

Genre: Drama/Coming-of-Age

Logline:
In a small rural town known for its cattle farming, a 13-year-old girl named Lily discovers a neglected, unruly show steer named Maverick. With the help of her grandfather, she embarks on a journey to transform Maverick into a champion, all while facing challenges that test their determination and the bonds of family.

Synopsis:
Set in the picturesque countryside of a farming community, "Show Steer" tells the heartfelt story of Lily, a young girl who dreams of following in her grandfather's footsteps by raising and showing champion cattle. Her grandfather, a retired cattle showman, imparts his wisdom and love for cattle onto Lily, nurturing her passion.

One day, while exploring their family's barn, Lily stumbles upon Maverick, a neglected and unruly show steer that has been forgotten by the rest of the family. Despite his wild demeanor, Lily is determined to transform Maverick into a winner, believing in his hidden potential.

With the guidance of her wise grandfather, Lily embarks on the challenging journey of training Maverick for the upcoming county fair, where they hope to prove his worth. Along the way, they face obstacles such as skeptical neighbors, financial struggles, and the demanding world of cattle competition.

As Lily and Maverick's bond deepens, the story explores themes of perseverance, family values, and the enduring connection between humans and animals. Their journey inspires their community and reminds them of the importance of tradition, hard work, and the power of believing in the underdog.

"Show Steer" is a heartwarming and inspirational film that celebrates the unique world of show cattle while highlighting the transformative power of determination and the unbreakable bonds formed between humans and their animals. It's a story that will resonate with audiences of all ages, reminding them that with love and dedication, even the wildest dreams can be achieved.

So basically a clone of the (seemingly) thousands of badly done young-girl-salvages-a-horse movies already making everyone gag... except with a steer.

You forgot the part where her efforts are the only thing that can save the family farm, but I think you got all the rest of it.

:unsure: I think it has potential. I hope you plan to use a Shorthorn steer, versus CAB Critter.
Let me know when it gets released to the theaters, so I can watch for it on DVD 🤭

I vaguely remember parts of "The Brave One". I think it revolved around a young boy that raised a Mexican Fighting bull calf. Probably one of those Saturday Night movies that I was to little to stay awake long enough to watch all of it.

Latest posts