Show prospect

Help Support CattleToday:

She looks great. You can't leave us hanging on who the sire and dam are though.

She definitely has the feminine look

Thank you. My whole herd is bred for females. Females that look like females, which isn't always easy when I'm also breeding for huge volume cattle, with good muscling.
She is a Mack AF out of a 12 year old Dream On cow. Born 9.5.
This pic was taken after nephew and I blocked her out real quick. We were dieing to see what she looked like under her 6" shag.
She has been final clipped for photographer coming Tuesday.

Thank you. My whole herd is bred for females. Females that look like females, which isn't always easy when I'm also breeding for huge volume cattle, with good muscling.
She is a Mack AF out of a 12 year old Dream On cow. Born 9.5.
This pic was taken after nephew and I blocked her out real quick. We were dieing to see what she looked like under her 6" shag.
She has been final clipped for photographer coming Tuesday.
Jeanne, could you point out in detail what her attributes and any weaknesses if any that has you considering her as a show heifer. All for my education and I'm sure for the education of most people on here.

Ken

I'm not a judge, but I know a good one when I see one. She is feminine fronted, smoothed shoulders, great volume, strong wide top line, rear muscle pattern follows down to her hock, good bone with smooth joints. And good feet. In a very pretty package. OK, is that bragging enough?
She is a good representative of what I breed for.

I'm not a judge, but I know a good one when I see one. She is feminine fronted, smoothed shoulders, great volume, strong wide top line, rear muscle pattern follows down to her hock, good bone with smooth joints. And good feet. In a very pretty package. OK, is that bragging enough?
She is a good representative of what I breed for.
Thanks Jeanne, I'll keep those points in mind. Her volume was one of the things I liked about her. I am not a good judge of cattle, I think I do OK picking the ones I want to keep but it is over a period of time comparing one to another. It is only now that I am starting to see my heifers now that I have weaned them and the heifers are in a group by themselves and I can compare them.

Ken