Gift Ideas

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
December 1 will be my cousin's 100th birthday and I need some ideas on what to buy her. She is nearly blind but is otherwise in good health in both mind and spirit. She is a very interesting person. Worked with the bathyscaphe, lived in an embassy in south america for some time and for ya'll who are into love stories she was swept off her feet at seventeen by one man - my cousin or rather my third cousin or someting like that. They were later married and spent their whole lives side by side until he died at in his eighties.

Any gift ideas? I'm thinking some audio books or something like that. She loves music too but I don't know what she has or doesn't have. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Jogeephus":2dgatlqv said:
December 1 will be my cousin's 100th birthday and I need some ideas on what to buy her. She is nearly blind but is otherwise in good health in both mind and spirit. She is a very interesting person. Worked with the bathyscaphe, lived in an embassy in south america for some time and for ya'll who are into love stories she was swept off her feet at seventeen by one man - my cousin or rather my third cousin or someting like that. They were later married and spent their whole lives side by side until he died at in his eighties.

Any gift ideas? I'm thinking some audio books or something like that. She loves music too but I don't know what she has or doesn't have. Any ideas would be appreciated.

That's wonderful. My cousin's grandmother died three days before her 100th birthday. But her mind had not been good for several years. :(

Where does she live? I've really gotten hooked on this MP3 stuff. If she has someone who can/will download music for her, a gift certificate to ITunes or some of the other websites that sell music might be something to consider.

Would she appreciate art? Ifso why not get hold of a nice photo of her and late hubby and paint it(if you can) or have it painted.And one day when she passes, as we all will sometime, her memory can be kept in the family by way of the portrait.

She loves art but her vision is limited to shapes and degrees of brightness. I guess you could say she is legally blind but you don't want to say that in front of her cause she will correct you right fast. She just expects you to put everything back exactly as it is supposed to be in her home.

I hadn't thought about the iTunes stuff she may like that. She lives just a few hundred yards from my mom so getting some help with stuff like this wouldn't be out of the question. My brother is big on all new technology and he was telling me about downloading books or something from YouTube as well. I think she would like this - especially if it was free cause she is a tight cookie when it comes to spending money on herself.

Get her a digital recorder with a huge memory capablility and instruct her how to use it.

When she is alone she can put down all her thoughts for her family - tell her that her randon thoughts are a very valuable gift - which indeed they are.

Promise her no one will listen to it until after she dies - we did that for my Grandmother

The stories would make some blush - for a backwoods gal she got around after Granddad died - I wish I had known before - I would have loved to have sat and chatted about her escapades from literally all over the world.

From babe in the woods to globe trotter and back again.

She will be hesitant at first - but if you do it right you will have some neat stuff to put in a book or on cd for the family

Bez+

grannysoo":2r9bz8rt said:
The most valuable and precious gift that can be given to a person is your time and love.

The family still does a lot with her but only when her schedule permits. She stays quite busy and doesn't allow anything to interfere with her regiment. I'd like to get some of her candid stories recorded cause I like to listen to her. I like to do is pour her a glass of wine (red) and get her talking about something. I'd really like to hear the story about the bathyscaphe again and whatever it was she did with it. I remember it was interesting but time has blurred the details.

Bez+":2o40hoqj said:
Get her a digital recorder with a huge memory capablility and instruct her how to use it.

She will be hesitant at first - but if you do it right you will have some neat stuff to put in a book or on cd for the family

Bez+

Good idea. To much has been lost by not talking to the old while they where still here. I regret it.

Latest posts