ranch wedding ideas??

Help Support CattleToday:

Dave":dmzcw6os said:
Do her parents own a large ranch? That would be one good reason to get married. Another good reason to get married is ..........

Wait I am thinking of reason number 2...........

Still thinking.........
Both of her parents have one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel and she's an only child. :nod: :mrgreen:

We were married in the yard. Moved the cows to a different field, so parking was next to house. Friend came over and built a plywood dance floor. We hired a bartender and discjockey. Used white cloth to drap over archway put up for vows. Drapped some cloth on fences. Fancy port o let for ladies, plain one for the guys. My wedding dress was a two piece one. The real fancy sparkly part was a dress, and the long part was wrapped around waist and fastened. Open a bit in front. After ceramony it was easy to take off and enjoy the day without tangling up. We recently went to a reception that had decorated mason jars with goldnfish in them on the tables.

presmudjo":3o22h9pf said:
We were married in the yard. Moved the cows to a different field, so parking was next to house. Friend came over and built a plywood dance floor. We hired a bartender and discjockey. Used white cloth to drap over archway put up for vows. Drapped some cloth on fences. Fancy port o let for ladies, plain one for the guys. My wedding dress was a two piece one. The real fancy sparkly part was a dress, and the long part was wrapped around waist and fastened. Open a bit in front. After ceramony it was easy to take off and enjoy the day without tangling up. We recently went to a reception that had decorated mason jars with goldnfish in them on the tables.

There you go right there salt. After the ceremony you can use the goldfish for bait.

Salt,
I'd go for Both of them in jeans, western shirt and boots. Held at home with the minimum # of guests. Family and very close friends. Serve country food or BBQ, no catering! The next morning those young un's will still be married and I guarantee they will only remember one thing and it won't be the ceremony. They will be just a married as a million dollar wedding. One day down the road they will remember their wedding as special.

ps: Any money saved beyond what you planned to spend, give to them as starter money. They will appreciate it after the first week! :banana:

Just found out my stepson wants to get married on the farm.....THIS YEAR. I'll be watching whatever you come up with.

The youngest boy got married here on the place. Wasn't hard or elaborate as we just cleared a place in a group of trees, threw down some hay bales (for decoration) and put up 2 or 3 dozen chairs. People backed their pickups around and some sat on the tailgates. The reception was held behind the house under the awning of our building. Bride's parents cooked brisket and some fixin's and we did ribs and more fixin's. I think we had a couple of extra desserts beside the two cakes. It was a BYOB event while we supplied water, a few soft drinks and tea. Around 40 - 50 people showed up.

Thanks for the ideas, now we getting somewhere. Good call on using the goldfish as bait callmefence. Bbirder that has been our plan money wise. I hope to give them a little chunk of cash to get started on. Sure can help make things easier

Latest posts