ranch wedding ideas??

Help Support CattleToday:

CJC":iltc4cx8 said:
I am a party planner extraordinaire :)

I have 100's of pictures I would love to share with you haha. I would definitely get onto pinterest and start a board searching, farm weddings, rustic weddings, etc.

If it were my wedding I would stream lights through the trees. Here is what I am talking about

I have planned farm parties and I always use a big tree stump and cut it into discs. I use the discs to put food and flowers on. Here is what I mean:

I wouldn't use bales for seating but I would use it to put things on. Problem with people sitting on bales is they warp fast, people also walk around with hay all over their back end. I use them often in parties but I usually lean things up on them. Like pictures. I have attached a picture of any idea with bales. I used a pallet and some chicken wire with some clothes pins. Another neat idea is to use the same concept but to have a polaroid camera there (or rent a photo booth which would be better) and have the guest pin pictures of themselves on it. Think of it as a guest book of photos.

I would also make some cool rustic signs out of some old wood. Pulling apart pallets can always help you get that old wood.

Here is a picture of my wedding, we had a rustic wedding. Just an idea of how I used to trees to get some pretty pictures.

If you can't tell, this is right up my alley :) I would use a lot of lace and neutral colours. I would run burlap down the table for table runners. I would use grape vine wreaths as place mats. I could give you ideas for hours haha

I am up for 100's of pictures. Do you have a website? Thank you for the great ideas

callmefence":3hpv9oeq said:
Can a boat captain do a marriage on dry land??
Idk. I know salt runs with some corpus fishing boat captains. Those guys do anything for a chance of getting a six pack.

Heck them boys would do it for free, just for the eye candy !! LOL

We are planning for March of 2017 so hopefully weather and skeeters will not be much of an issue. Due to circumstances with here family, I am go to have bear the brunt of the cost. Hence my question here as I am a tight wad and view big weddings as a waste of money. Small inexpensive wedding, save the cash for real life that is fixing hit them in the face is my thoughts

My advice is to get a rental tent put up, it saved our day. And the next thing is take plenty of pictures. We've been married 30 years now and almost half of the folks that were at or wedding are no longer with us.

pdfangus":2jhxoc69 said:
give em five grand to elope.

I quit doing weddings and funerals.....the objects of both are beyond help. :deadhorse:

I avoid weddings and funerals at all cost especially my own.

I did get married last fall. It was at our own church but no body invited. Just the two of us, the pastor, and 4 people who just happened to be at the church that we shanghaied as witnesses (we knew these people but just casually, not friends or relatives). Elope and put the money to good use.

When our son got married my wife had a standard answer for pretty much every idea the bride came up with: "That sounds like a wonderful idea!"

callmefence":3e7yw7r0 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":3e7yw7r0 said:
shaz":3e7yw7r0 said:
Have you ever been to a wedding you weren't forced to go to?

Come to think of it, no.

Have you ever actually been invited anywhere.... :wave:

Not very often buy my wife gets invited and I tag along sometimes.
:D

TennesseeTuxedo":1c7cokqh said:
callmefence":1c7cokqh said:
TennesseeTuxedo":1c7cokqh said:
Come to think of it, no.

Do you have to buy her new shoes or a new dress to bribe her into letting you go with her?

Jogeephus":2a0m7nsq said:
TennesseeTuxedo":2a0m7nsq said:
callmefence":2a0m7nsq said:

Do you have to buy her new shoes or a new dress to bribe her into letting you go with her?

I buy mine a new dress or shoes if she'll let me stay home.

Rafter S":13iu7x1b said:
Jogeephus":13iu7x1b said:
TennesseeTuxedo":13iu7x1b said:

Does that actually work? I have to buy mine new shoes and a dress and she makes me go anyway.
By the way, I counted her shoes a month ago.......65 pairs!

shaz":1v6yu59k said:
Rafter S":1v6yu59k said:
Jogeephus":1v6yu59k said:

Does that actually work? I have to buy mine new shoes and a dress and she makes me go anyway.
By the way, I counted her shoes a month ago.......65 pairs!

Of course it works. I couldn't put it on the internet if it wasn't true. :hide:

Left work one day at noon and met spouse-to-be at the courthouse. Got hitched (had to sign the courthouse preacher's name for him--he was illiterate) then went back to work. Didn't tell anyone for several months.

We joke that we can un-hitch any time one of us p!sses the other off---since we had to forge the preacher's name for him, it surely ain't legit! ;)

Do her parents own a large ranch? That would be one good reason to get married. Another good reason to get married is ..........

Wait I am thinking of reason number 2...........

Still thinking.........

Nearly 24 hours later and I still haven't come up with a second reason to get married and apparently neither has anyone else......

Latest posts