Giant hornets in tree

Help Support CattleToday:

Got stung a couple of weeks ago while mowing. Not sure if it's the Asian variety or European. Super large and the most painful sting I've ever gotten ! Wasp and hornet spray didn't seem to faze them . Went tonight and tried the old liquid method but all it seemed to do was stir them up ! They are about 8-10 ft in a hole going into a hollow tree . Anyone have any suggestions ?
Coachg... IF your hornets ARE "murder hornets" the worst thing you could do is to "try" to kill them.

I tried calling the CDC, just out of curiosity and believe me when I tell you... if there was a sudden outbreak of some kind of lethal disease that needed to be reported I doubt many people could or would weave their way through the maze they have set up. BUT... while I was waiting on hold I was mulling over something the guy said before putting me on hold and I decided to google, "how can someone report a murder hornet sighting?" I got a phone number for the Washington State Agricultural Extension Service (so my first suggestion was (maybe?) right.) You still get a menu/maze that you have to negotiate, and if you hit the wrong buttons they will tell you to call your own state ag extension... but I ended up getting to leave a message, finally, so we'll see if they call me back.

This is the number for the Washington Ag Extension Service which is specifically said to be for reporting (wait for the cue) murder hornets.

(800) 443-6684

I believe Washington state was the first reported sighting of the murder hornets in 2020 or 2021. They likely have more knowledge than anyone else

Coachg... IF your hornets ARE "murder hornets" the worst thing you could do is to "try" to kill them.

I tried calling the CDC, just out of curiosity and believe me when I tell you... if there was a sudden outbreak of some kind of lethal disease that needed to be reported I doubt many people could or would weave their way through the maze they have set up. BUT... while I was waiting on hold I was mulling over something the guy said before putting me on hold and I decided to google, "how can someone report a murder hornet sighting?" I got a phone number for the Washington State Agricultural Extension Service (so my first suggestion was (maybe?) right.) You still get a menu/maze that you have to negotiate, and if you hit the wrong buttons they will tell you to call your own state ag extension... but I ended up getting to leave a message, finally, so we'll see if they call me back.

This is the number for the Washington Ag Extension Service which is specifically said to be for reporting (wait for the cue) murder hornets.

(800) 443-6684
So you called the CDC because coachg has hornets in his tree.??

We have a lot of cicada killers. They're stupid and slam into the windows a lot but essentially harmless.
I'm feeling guilty now. I remember the first time I saw cicada killers. My 3 oldest, when they were kids, had each dug a beachball size hole in the garden. We were going to put a fertile mix in them and plant some Atlantic Giant pumpkin seeds so they could show them at the county fair that fall.

A few days after they dug the holes, we took the soil mix to the garden and noticed the wicked "ground hornets" had burrowed into the sides of the three separate holes. I was afraid any method I employed to kill the first group would result in the other groups attacking.

Finally, my pea brain lightbulb lit. I got some 1/4" mesh screen and carefully laid over each hole. Then pitched some gasoline and diesel in. Stood back and threw a match. It worked. Kids took first, second, and third place with their giant pumpkins. I had several people asked us our trick for growing them that big. "We fertilized them with hornets................."

Well since that's the kind of relationship you're looking for, I have to say you aren't my type.
As usual your going to dodge the issue.
If your going to continue to strive to be the resident expert on everything your going to have to add some substance to your post. And try to stay above 3rd grade level insults when you're questioned. Otherwise you will continue to always be full of crap.
Now maybe Brandon will beef up the staff at the CDC like he did the IRS.
So you'll have someone to talk to . 😂

Latest posts