gelbvieh cattle

Help Support CattleToday:

tiger hunter

Reaction score
if a person was looking for 50 red gelbvieh heifers or young cows . where would be the best place to start ?

or here.......http://www.cattlerange.com/303C199-201/303C199-201.html

This fella bought a registered heifer of mine a couple of years ago at a sale in Missouri. HI talked to him on time. Seems to be a good guy.

Also Sean McClatchey in Neb is a good fella and raises some real nice gelbvieh cattle. I sold him a fantastic red bull two years ago and i know he has calves off him!

tiger hunter":1mqw2bzs said:
if a person was looking for 50 red gelbvieh heifers or young cows . where would be the best place to start ?

A good place to start would be if you told us where you are so someone near you could help you out!

3waycross":25aihf0k said:

This fella bought a registered heifer of mine a couple of years ago at a sale in Missouri. HI talked to him on time. Seems to be a good guy.

Also Sean McClatchey in Neb is a good fella and raises some real nice gelbvieh cattle. I sold him a fantastic red bull two years ago and i know he has calves off him!
Interresting ad, that the reds have a higher asking price than the blacks--by $200/hd. Seems odd since so many claim the blacks always bring more..
Is that something just common to that part of oklahoma or something common to Gelbviehs--or both?

greybeard":3ghk9d50 said:
3waycross":3ghk9d50 said:

Interresting ad, that the reds have a higher asking price than the blacks--by $200/hd. Seems odd since so many claim the blacks always bring more..
Is that something just common to that part of oklahoma or something common to Gelbviehs--or both?

I have no idea!

Over the years I have frequently been disappointed when I have purchased cattle from environments much different from mine, since some cattle don't acclimate well to other environments. For example, if you ranch at high elevations, buy cattle from producers in higher elevations, if you are in fescue country, don't bring in cattle from outside the fescue belt.

Two outfits that I have dealt with that are straight-shooters, and also have larger volumes of cattle are Cedar Top Ranch and Seedstock Plus.

Scott Star at CTR doesn't pamper his cattle so over the years he and his father have developed a set of cattle that thrive in tougher environments. Seedstock Plus is a group of around 40 producers that jointly develop their bulls and sell in a handful of sales across the country from as far east as TN to as far west as NV. Seedstock Plus is based in Missouri but the members are located throughout much of the country.

Latest posts