Geezers Gone Wild

Help Support CattleToday:

mnmtranching

Reaction score
Boss and I got home from the Niel Diamond Concert. Something else! I don't know what the average age of the audience was? I'm 57 and felt young. Anyway Diamond started with some songs from his new album, said to be His best yet. "Home Before Dark". Nice music, slow and Geezer like. THEN! He announced "got that out of the way, NOW IT"S TIME TO DANCE"!!!! Started playing the old hits. The GEEZERS erupted, all that could were on their feet, singing and dancing in front of their seats. Never seen the likes of it. What a GREAT show it was. See it if you get a chance. St Paul is his first US stop of the tour and He's going to 30 some cities in the US and Canada. For a old guy he can really sing.

Glad to hear you two old geezers had a good time! So, did they serve watermelon at the concession stand then? ;-)

You know? Misty that would be a great idea. :nod: As the boomers near retirement [and there are so many of us] would be a good idea to have watermelon at sporting events and such. :cowboy:

I was raised on Niel Diamond music.
There is not a song of his I do not love or know by heart!
I'll bet you guys had a great time!!! :nod:

I'm 56. I danced to Neil Diamond, come to think of it. Best of all, he wrote his own music. That guy could rock... :)

Alice

Alice":1atmou67 said:
I'm 56. I danced to Neil Diamond, come to think of it. Best of all, he wrote his own music. That guy could rock... :)

Alice

Still can. You ought to see him.
music-smiley-008.gif

Angie it was almost perfect. Only bad thing he didn't play "Brother Love Traveling Salvation Show" :cry2: [I used to sing it often to the kids when they were little they loved it and so did I] but he did Cracklin Rosie. Sweet Caroline and many others. None stop, no intermission and Diamond was the solo performer no fill ins. We had seats on the floor right in front. Could see his expressions, he is great with his songs.

Glad you had a good time. Sounds very enjoyable. I am glad he puts on a nice performance,leaves you with great memories. Thanks for sharing.

MistyMorning":2zd32rg1 said:
Glad to hear you two old geezers had a good time! So, did they serve watermelon at the concession stand then? ;-)

Nah, Fiber shakes and Cream of Wheat.

When I saw the title I thought dun had streaked a baseball game or something.

mnmtranching":3r4szul8 said:
Boss and I got home from the Niel Diamond Concert. Something else! I don't know what the average age of the audience was? I'm 57 and felt young. Anyway Diamond started with some songs from his new album, said to be His best yet. "Home Before Dark". Nice music, slow and Geezer like. THEN! He announced "got that out of the way, NOW IT"S TIME TO DANCE"!!!! Started playing the old hits. The GEEZERS erupted, all that could were on their feet, singing and dancing in front of their seats. Never seen the likes of it. What a GREAT show it was. See it if you get a chance. St Paul is his first US stop of the tour and He's going to 30 some cities in the US and Canada. For a old guy he can really sing.
lucky you did'nt blow a hip out :lol:

mnmtranching":2z5h7g6n said:
The GEEZERS erupted, all that could were on their feet, singing and dancing in front of their seats.

"in front of their seats" as opposed to "on their seats". I saw the Stones in '71. A fortunate set of circumstances got me into the 6th row. We stood on top of our folding chairs for 2 hrs.
"All that could were on their feet." Things ain't lookin' good for us geezers. If you can't stand up for Neil Diamond, you belong in Branson.
Sounds like a good time, mnmt. Fun times are what we remember.

Latest posts