Gardiner - Select Sires - GAR ANTICIPATION

Help Support CattleToday:

Chuckie":26jtukp1 said:
Alex,
They pay me for my entire animal at the sale. Do they not yours? They actually use all of the meat. I get paid for every pound that crosses the scale.
Let's start over here...
When I refer to a bull with hair, it is the one with the "Kan't Suck" ring.
There is the first bull in the show, the second bull with the hair, and the third, jhambley's yearling bull. Now.....

No, the price you get is based on the percentage of the cuts your animals contain. An animal with a higher percentage of higher value cuts will receive a higher bid price. That is why animals don't all sell for the same price.

Chuckie":5jcfo1gu said:
Wait.....I re-read your answer.....Are you saying...That "Kan't Suck" is the better of the two bulls?

LOL. If you go back and read your posts you asserted that Bright Futures rump stuck out farther than the calf with the nose ring, (yes its a nose ring). A few other people were trying to get you to illustrate just what you were talking about when you referred to their rumps. I made the assumption you were talking about the bulls lower hind quarter and not their rumps, since the rumps really don't stick out in profile pics. I just told you I thought it wasn't a fair comparison to compare hind quarters of animals of different classes and neither Bright Future nor the calf with the nose ring showed much bulge to their hind quarter. The pics really aren't a good comparison to do any judging with. If they were of the same class, I would guess the calf wth the nose ring would show more bulge to his hind quarter.

Knerdsie took a course over there where they taught him all the parts of a cow. I am proud that they had a school there that he could attend to learn these things.
He will just have to grade my papers each time I write ankle for pastern; etc....... I am just not that uptight about it. Sorry!

Chuckie":89v9kx9a said:
Since you know all the meat cuts, it should say you are a butcher!! :nod:
:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Nope, not a butcher. Nor do I know all the cuts. I studied those things in college. Threads like this refresh my memories or force me to refresh my memory. That's not a total waste of time. I usually refer to myself as a farmer/cattleman. Haven't been comfortable calling myself a rancher. Probably could.

I was just having fun.
I think people sometimes refer to what they are depending on where they are from. No matter how large I ever got, I would always be a farmer. I think a lot of people in this area would call themselves the same thing.
But I have heard of "Chicken Ranchers" in Arkansas.

Chuckie":wcdl212w said:
I was just having fun.
I think people sometimes refer to what they are depending on where they are from. No matter how large I ever got, I would always be a farmer. I think a lot of people in this area would call themselves the same thing.

No, you'll always be a fool.

sidecow.gif

KNERSIE":pbgllcik said:
Chuckie":pbgllcik said:
I was just having fun.

No, you'll always be a fool.

Knersie-

Your comment here surprises me!

DOC HARRIS

Is it just coincidence that this so called "carcass bull" resembles the type expressed by most high marbling Wagyu cattle - flat-sided and ugly!

Knersie,
You have a problem that you obsess with everything I do. You must get on the computer and look up what I write each morning. To start this over the word "Rump" which is used as a generalized area of a cow or a cut of meat is very juvenile.
Rump refers to the hind quarters of a cow in the USA. Rump roast is a cut of meat. We don't point out rumps. Stop playing, "Gotcha."

Quit trying to get my attention all the time.
When I come to the forum I read what is here, and you have posted, and it does not bother me, but you must read over what I write. Stop obsessing over me!!!!!
You have a problem with this, so deal with it, get over it!

On the dung beetle, he's delivering mobile homes, and he's headed to your house with it.

seth":2l5h7rkz said:
Is it just coincidence that this so called "carcass bull" resembles the type expressed by most high marbling Wagyu cattle - flat-sided and ugly!

You make an interesting point. I have often heard there is an antagonism between high marbling and heavy muscle. If you look at his epds, this bull is high marbled and high ribeye. So, where does that leave us?

Marbling and REA are antagonistic. EPDs are not a true indicator of what he possesses. see if you can find his actual scan results, I would bet you would find lots of imf and not much rea.

jscunn":389xb0jg said:
EPDs are not a true indicator of what he possesses. see if you can find his actual scan results, I would bet you would find lots of imf and not much rea.

WHAT???? EPDs aren't infallable, and might be inaccurate? Even from a huge breed like Black Angus and a prominent breeder like Gardiners?

:cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2:
SAY it ain't so!!!!

Latest posts