Gardiner - Select Sires - GAR ANTICIPATION

Help Support CattleToday:

Chuckie":2xw26n7w said:
I am not familiar with how the Hereford Assn. or the other breeds registers their animals. Is it required to scan each animal before you are allowed to register it?

no

alexfarms":2h00hvfn said:
seth":2h00hvfn said:
Is it just coincidence that this so called "carcass bull" resembles the type expressed by most high marbling Wagyu cattle - flat-sided and ugly!

You make an interesting point. I have often heard there is an antagonism between high marbling and heavy muscle. If you look at his epds, this bull is high marbled and high ribeye. So, where does that leave us?

Which leads us to where the rubber meets the road. Gardiner bulls are terminal bulls that do NOT produce calves that grow. I am looking at a group of October calves that are barely hitting 400 pounds on good pasture and creep feeding. The females look worse than back pasture, they are so raggedy I would lie and say they went thru the fence if somebody asked if they were mine.

Gardiner is 21st century social media cattle. You buy into it like any other scheme that promises riches and friendship, while they laugh all the way to the bank...

JWBrahman":gcba2j7n said:
alexfarms":gcba2j7n said:
seth":gcba2j7n said:
Is it just coincidence that this so called "carcass bull" resembles the type expressed by most high marbling Wagyu cattle - flat-sided and ugly!

You make an interesting point. I have often heard there is an antagonism between high marbling and heavy muscle. If you look at his epds, this bull is high marbled and high ribeye. So, where does that leave us?
Gardiner bulls are terminal bulls that do NOT produce calves that grow.
GAR bulls puzzle me. The calving ease and high Marbling I can understand, but their high REA numbers often leave me scratching my head. Yes the picture of him at 3 yrs old is much better [they always are] But I don't want to be selling 18 month old steers.
I prefer yearling pictures of the bulls for a truer handle on what I'm getting and what I can expect for growth.
As for whoever said he has no nuts...that is totally wrong, his scrotal size is plenty good.