Fullblood Chianina cattle

Help Support CattleToday:

choward6200jd

Reaction score
Does anyone here deal in Fullblodd chianina cattle? I am looking to start a herd of my own but i am finding it hard to find people who raise these cattle. If you know of someone please let me know.

choward6200jd":206oxeov said:
Does anyone here deal in Fullblodd chianina cattle? I am looking to start a herd of my own but i am finding it hard to find people who raise these cattle. If you know of someone please let me know.

You just missed the Kentucky State Chi show Saturday. The Chi Association website is a good place to start http://www.chicattle.org/

The American Chianina Assoc. really only promotes black Chianina not Fullbloods (White/Gray). Like so many breeds gone black.

Chris, pm me with what your looking for I know of a couple of place the still raise fullbloods.

Steve

There was a guy on The Cattle Show who had a herd, and I think he was pretty big in the breed. Older guy, can't remember his name, I think Texas or Oklahoma.

Had a herd of 20 1/2 bloods, wildest animals I've ever seen, raised big calves.

choward6200jd":19vtcfen said:

Are they the big cows in the world?

WMarty.jpg

Four year old bull, not the best pose.

Just curious-
What is the purpose of this breed? Draft cows? ( Not sure if that's the right term) They look like the pictures someone posted on the 'everything else' board. Some cows hooked up to a weight or cart in a pulling contest.
They sure are big!
Susie

susie, most of my bull calves go for oxen, They are very large as most of my cows run 1800-2000 pound range.

I would'nt think they would be real profitable as fullbloods for beef. maybe as a cross.

You will read here how they are real wild, Like any breed some are some are not. We handle ours a lot, they are tied in the winter, go in and out every day so they are real nice to handle.

I have a real nice market here in New England for them.

Steve

p. s. the oxen in the other thread are mine as well.

Those are some long legged cattle. Good looking cattle to. I would like to see another picture of that bull standing up. How tall is he at the shoulders?

Latest posts