frozen meds

Help Support CattleToday:

certherfbeef

Reaction score
Fridge went bad where I keep my "need fridge" meds. Cystroelin was frozen. Do I need to discard it or will it be fine if I put it in a warmer fridge to thaw to 40F?

Can't remember where, but I just read an article in the last couple of weeks about this. They said frozen was just as bad as being warm. For those people that keep a fridge in the barn they suggested one of the electronic thermometer ther records high and low temps. to be safe.

Fridge went bad where I keep my "need fridge" meds. Cystroelin was frozen. Do I need to discard it or will it be fine if I put it in a warmer fridge to thaw to 40F?

My suggestion is a vet before using. If in doubt don't use.

Isn't it a synthetic hormone? If so wouldn't it still be the same?

certherfbeef":1c2rmzyo said:

I believe I'd invest the few minutes it takes to call the vet and ask.

I ran into the vet this morning, figuratively, and asked him about sing the stuff after freezing. He said it wouldn;t hurt anything but also wouldn;t do anything.

dun

dun":2o8pt5or said:
I ran into the vet this morning, figuratively, and asked him about sing the stuff after freezing. He said it wouldn;t hurt anything but also wouldn;t do anything.

dun

Thanks Dun.