Froze to Death

Help Support CattleToday:

Limomike":2xgyjplt said:
CB.. I'm with ya on when my hands get wet or cold, along with my feet.. it just makes it more miserable to be out there. But ever since a couple years ago, I got these new Ninja Ice gloves, and I use them for when Im hunting AND doing outside work during the winter. Keep your hands dry AND warm.
He77 Mike go back and buy the whole "Ninja" suit. :lol: :lol2: :lol: :lol2:

BTW..did you get the $6 gloves or the $60 gloves. :???:

Dave":3v3vxima said:
Youngest girl and her husband manage a ranch in Montana where it gets cold in the winter. They were home last Christmas. The son in law, my two sons, and I were standing around in the backyard. My sons and I were in shirt sleeves. The son in law was wearing a coat. He said that we were tougher than he is because he hadn't taken off his coat since he got to Western Washington. That wet cold does tend to go right through a person.
:nod: I used to date a girl in Idaho. I'd drive up once a month for a weeked and after coming out of 40 degrees and socked in fog here in CA that hovering around zero in ID was always a walk in the park... although I must admit I had a good little hand warmer. :roll:

Ouachita":3bx8gxdm said:
Which one are you???? Not that it would matter :lol2:

Some pretty tough young ladies eh!

I am a tad bit older than those youngsters. ;-) BUT, back in the day...........

Dave":3cre7t4j said:
49 and drizzle isn't cold. But anything over 90 is hot and anything over 100 is too dang hot to do anything but find air conditioning.

I have to agree and as my user name indicates I am definitely from the deepsouth. Actually I find that I can take the cold in climates with lower humidity such as the Rocky Mountain states or the Midwestern states better than I can take this high humidity cold that we have down here. I was in Montana once with below zero temps and was surprised that I seemed to be taking it better than the locals. Before y'all start on me being insulated by fat from this southern fried food that I dearly love it may be true today but I was lean as a toothless longhorn back then.

HOSS":3ns87k39 said:
The coldest I have ever been was a late season bow hunt in Illinois when the wind chill was -40 and the snow was whipping across an open bean field. I was 20 feet up in a tree along a hedgerow. By 9 a.m I was so numb I didn't think I could climb down.....I let deer walk by because I was too cold to draw my bow. I don't bow hunt Illinois after Thanksgiving these days.
Hoss ain't no deer worth that.
We'll take up a collection and buy some vittles before you go doing that again.

Ryder":24l97js1 said:
HOSS":24l97js1 said:
The coldest I have ever been was a late season bow hunt in Illinois when the wind chill was -40 and the snow was whipping across an open bean field. I was 20 feet up in a tree along a hedgerow. By 9 a.m I was so numb I didn't think I could climb down.....I let deer walk by because I was too cold to draw my bow. I don't bow hunt Illinois after Thanksgiving these days.

Big bucks are my crack cocaine. I am powerless. I once waded 300 yards down a waist deep creek in 32 deg weather with a snow / sleet storm howling like a banshee. I then belly crawled 150 yards across a muddy, cut corn field that bordered the creek. All just to get a crack at a huge 8 point that was bedded in the cut corn field. By rights I had almost 0 chance of pulling it off but he was like a magnet. I closed the distance to 18 yards and arrowed him while he was still in his bed. He scored 154". For some reason my numb legs from the cold water and chilled body didn't feel so chilled when I got my hands on that big boy. He now hangs on my wall and I remember that stalk every time I look at him.

Hoss, I am with ya on that. I LOVE my hunting, dont care what kinda weather it is, Im going.
And BTW TexasBred.. it was the $6 gloves.. who the he77 would pay $60 for any?

Hoss your a tougher man than me :tiphat: . I have hunted in a lot of southern state's and all over Texas. The deer of the big thicket are absolutely the toughest I have ever hunted. If you get in bow range you are a heck of a hunter much less get a shot. You would not or can not stalk one here, you have to use the ambush tactic and you better not go into your stand the same way twice. You really need to have several stands around an area and never develope a routine. You can walk in right by Mr. Big and never see him but has got you pegged it is so thick here.
When it comes to cover scent it is skunk and pine anything else you just told Mr. Big you are in his living room.

Ryder":n44xgqau said:
HOSS":n44xgqau said:
Heck, I've got places he can set in the truck with the heater on and shoot one out of the window. Can even use a rifle.

jedstivers":1uhr4xda said:
Ryder":1uhr4xda said:
HOSS":1uhr4xda said:
Heck, I've got places he can set in the truck with the heater on and shoot one out of the window. Can even use a rifle.
That method seems a lot more civilized to me.
Makes me think of my college days. On cold mornings my buddy would often motion for me to come over to his truck where he had a warm heater and a bottle of O Crow. Sure beat standing around in the cold.

Well today is the last day of the year to bow hunt another season gone by. Dam I had a good time if I die today I have had a good run.
Come sat. I will be toting a 16 gauge loaded with double aught. This like that Dodge Ram commercial the rules have changed, if I can get within sight of him in this thicket he's mine.

Been using turpentine sprayed on my boots for years.
And the deer walk over my trails and never get excited.

Latest posts