Freightliner Angus

Help Support CattleToday:

plumber_greg

Reaction score
Has anyone else had trouble with Freightliner bulls, I am calving 20 heifers out of his sons, and they are stupid wild. I can't tame them down, and I have 20 of his yearling heifers for next year and they are the same way. I have never had trouble with their momas', and can pet them if I wanted to. I want nothing too tame, but not sure if I can handle these animals. Thanks for your input, gs

I have used freightliner in my own herd, sold lots and lots of semen to other herds and worked with a few sons in registered herds as well. Never really had a lick of trouble with any of them. Right kind of angus cows in my mind. I will say they are not as gentle as our herefords, but not even close to the worst I have seen in the angus breed. One Freightliner son I worked with in a registered herd was very aggressive when other herd bulls were around but was just fine by himself. I would sure be interested in the other side of the pedigree of the sons you have.

Temperament has been one of the knocks on Freightliner. It is very commonly known in the purebred circles up here that they are a little wild and tough to handle. I have had a few friends who have had them and said they were real knotheads to break too.

Latest posts