Found something strange in the pasture this morning..

Help Support CattleToday:

Saltydawg

Reaction score
cows.jpg

Its from South Holland, IL and made it to Cherry Creek, NY.

Had a little note asking for information on how far it traveled.

Floated across Indiana and Ohio to make it here so had a pretty good journey :).

That's pretty neat. I've heard about people sending those off... but never knew anyone who had found it. IL to NY is a pretty good trip.

~~

When I first saw the photo, I thought your cows were celebrating Cinco de Mayo...

Good thing they didnt eat those balloons....

Once I found one of those with a wedding invitation attached. I had only traveled about 60 miles. I found it in the woods months after the wedding date.

Saltydawg":3rvoh9b5 said:
cows.jpg

Its from South Holland, IL and made it to Cherry Creek, NY.

Had a little note asking for information on how far it traveled.

Floated across Indiana and Ohio to make it here so had a pretty good journey :).

You need to work on that grass if thats your pasture cause them cows will be fighting over them balloons to have something to eat.

The balloon was found in the pasture.

I didnt take a picture of it till i got it back to the house lol. The dandelions and weeds are in my front yard....not my pastures lol.

Sorry to burst your bubble CB :p .

If I ever find another one of those things with contact info on it I'm gonna send them a note threatening a vet bill if a cow or calf eats part of it. It's littering! :x

The third grade class at my kids school, send off every year the last day of school, as a start of term project for 4th year. People that find them are asked to drop a letter back, if they wish to explain where they are from, when they found it, and if they want to tell a little about themselves, or the area they are from. Kids plot the found and responded to balloons, and also send back a thank you note.

I really find this all interesting. I find something similar every year or so in a pasture. Never looked at it, just picked it up and threw it in the burn barrel with the trash.

dun

Latest posts