found an FEL for my tractor

Help Support CattleToday:

M5farm

Reaction score
:banana: I found a FEL for my tractor. Supposed to go get it Friday. He is going to remove it Thursday and have it waiting for me.

Dang sure ain't a ford. I have a 74 jd 2630 and this one is on a
2640 . So its a bolt on no fab install

I found a used FEL for my tractor this spring. Big job putting it on. I felt like it increases the value of my tractor far more than the cost of the loader.

Bigfoot":2woxasn0 said:
I found a used FEL for my tractor this spring. Big job putting it on. I felt like it increases the value of my tractor far more than the cost of the loader.
I agree with the value increase from what I've seen it add about 3 to 4 k to the value. I've been looking at the after market ones for 2 years and just could not pull the trigger on putting a 5k loader on a tractor I paid 6k for. I just happened to do a search today and seen the ad for a John Deere loader. I called the guy and he just bought the tractor to use as a spray tractor and the loader is in his way. He said he had another tractor with a fel so he just wanted to sell it. I will have to drive 150 miles one way to get it but it should be worth it. I should only have to buy the hyd connectors to hook into my systems.

M5farm":1szp9bij said:
Bigfoot":1szp9bij said:
I agree with the value increase from what I've seen it add about 3 to 4 k to the value. I've been looking at the after market ones for 2 years and just could not pull the trigger on putting a 5k loader on a tractor I paid 6k for. I just happened to do a search today and seen the ad for a John Deere loader. I called the guy and he just bought the tractor to use as a spray tractor and the loader is in his way. He said he had another tractor with a fel so he just wanted to sell it. I will have to drive 150 miles one way to get it but it should be worth it. I should only have to buy the hyd connectors to hook into my systems.

The dealer wanted almost 8k to put one on my tractor. I found plenty that wouldn't fit for $3500-4000. Then it'd be $800-1000 for the right brackets. I drove to the far side of missouri from here for one that would fit. It was $1500. Had one leaky cylinder. I also visited an old college friend I hadn't seen in years. Trip was worth it.

TennesseeTuxedo":28sc5teb said:
So you have a JD tractor?

I'm impressed.
even us po folks can own a 40 year old John Deere tractor. I even have a 60 year ford backhoe. And a 34 year old cj 7 jeep .

i got a 5210 with a 530 self leveling loader.

big enough but always having used a smaller tractor prior and making it work it was worth every penny...

TennesseeTuxedo":n8kdo5e9 said:
M5farm":n8kdo5e9 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":n8kdo5e9 said:
So you have a JD tractor?

I'm impressed.
even us po folks can own a 40 year old John Deere tractor. I even have a 60 year ford backhoe. And a 34 year old cj 7 jeep .

My Deere sits on a shelf in my office.

My Deere sits in the shed broke (again).

Went and picked up fel yesterday its in decent shape to be nearly 40 years old . All cylinders are good no leaks. The controls could use an upgrade . The po had put a 1/2 thick divider on the bucket to attach a 3 point hay fork. It's in rough shape but will do. I cleaned it up some and welded in a receiver hiitch tube so I can attach a fork . I will find a new bucket and build a quick connect frame. Our fork lift repair mechanic is looking for me a set of forks and frame so I can have a way to move pallets.

John SD":35db5ohe said:
So is it a 148 loader? My aunt has a 2840 with a 148 and another neighbor has a 4240 with a 148.
No it's a 47 loader they were on 1020 2010 2630 2640 and a several more this loader was bought on a 2640 from the dealer according to the po. I have a 2630 so it was a simple bolt on.

Here are some pics of what I have done to make it usable until I get a dedicated bucket and a dedicated hay fork.
Previous Owner had welded in a divider so he could attach a spear. I Have a 3 point hitch I built that uses a receiver hitch so you can see I adapted it to this bucket.

I loaded my trailer with 10 rolls yesterday and it work well.

I would have loved seeing some pictures of tractor and loader. Keep in mind also, that carrying hay that far forward, may put extra stress on your frontend. May not be an issue for a short time, but we tend to put that stuff off as we are getting bye, and then something breaks! Looks like you hit a home run with this one!! Good Luck!

Good looking rig. May I suggest while building the fork and quick hitch for loader, build a grill guard also. Front bumper will protect until something is too high and then it hits your sheet metal! Some times bolt ons are from $150 to $200. IMO, some of the best money spent as it keeps you from banging up your front sheet metal. Don't care how good you are or how hard you try it will happen. Looks good!

Latest posts