Fort Worth rodeo

Help Support CattleToday:

backhoeboogie":bzxgt45d said:
inyati13":bzxgt45d said:
A person is not guilty of a crime they did not commit because they think or harbor evil thoughts. They must take one more step to be guilty - they must commit a crime or carry out an act. Regardless of how heinous their thoughts or beliefs are. Advocating "convert or death" is not a crime until the ultimatum is enforced. That is what FREEDOM is all about.

Terrorist are being hunted down and killed for the acts they commit. That is as it should be. The world is in the midst of a terrorist war. It is not a religious war, at least, not yet! In the context that this thread was started, I assume some users do not want the same FREEDOMS extended to followers of the Islamic faith that the rest of us enjoy. To me that is punishing the innocent with the guilty.

Inyati13, I just want to say I understand your position on this entire subject. "Why" you feel the way you do makes sense to me. What I don't understand is people who profess themselves as Christain advocating for people who want them dead.

Thank you for your perspectives. I have stood and witness Native American ceremonies that were different than my own beliefs. But these folks have their rights and I am honored to be amongst them.

Backhoe, thank you. Your comment is rational and refreshing in comparison to some. I cannot speak for the Christians you reference but I offer this:

They may not be advocates for Islamic followers as much as they are advocates for the values this country is founded on.

How can you be a good peaceful muslims, but yet your faith and guidance is based on what is written in the koran?

That's like saying I'm in the mafia but I'm good
I don't get involved with crime, extortion, prositution, drugs, gambling and etc,
I'm in the mafia but I'm not like the ones that are criminals

cross_7":rgnhk0ui said:
How can you be a good peaceful muslims, but yet your faith and guidance is based on what is written in the koran?

Regardless of what is in a citizen's head, if their actions are peaceful, then they are "good peaceful muslims". When their thoughts become acts, they are terrorist and should be subject to punishment.

How do you tell the difference between a good peaceful muslim, and a muslim terrorists? They all look the same to me.

cross_7":3b0cjb73 said:
That's like saying I'm in the mafia but I'm good
I don't get involved with crime, extortion, prositution, drugs, gambling and etc,
I'm in the mafia but I'm not like the ones that are criminals

One is not guilty by association unless one is an accessory or accomplice to a crime or act.

highgrit":1ena57j1 said:
How do you tell the difference between a good peaceful muslim, and a muslim terrorists? They all look the same to me.

How do I tell a cowboy cattle thief from a cowboy non-thief? They all look the same to me. Do you get the idea?

How many good and peaceful Germans and Japanese did our good and peaceful soldiers kill? And vice versa. This is going to be another world war some day, the muslim - American war. A lot of innocent, good peaceful folks are killed in wars, that's the nature of the beast.

backhoeboogie":z6goqujj said:
TexasBred":z6goqujj said:
Christianity has been beheading, burning and killing since it's beginning as well.

Yep. But when that happens, not every other denomination is rationalizing why it happened. Nor do the condone it world wide.
During those hundreds of years that they did it they most certainly did rationalize it and even organize, promote and encourage it. Catholics killed what they considered to be heretics, the reformation came along and protestants began killing catholics...once established protestants from one group began killing protestants from the other group. Very few if any protested ... if they did they too became a victim. This was common throughout most the "known world" at the time.

My concerns are more for the here and now. People currently alive that are at-risk. There's no way to change history. We can learn from it, if we choose.

Yes this country was founded by people who strongly believed in religious freedoms. Their laws are still here and now. I have no issues with these laws. I do have issues with changing to Sharia Laws.

backhoeboogie":3ag8fyxk said:
My concerns are more for the here and now. People currently alive that are at-risk. There's no way to change history. We can learn from it, if we choose.

Yes this country was founded by people who strongly believed in religious freedoms. Their laws are still here and now. I have no issues with these laws. I do have issues with changing to Sharia Laws.
Someday that will probably be something to be heard by the Supreme court.

cross_7":2oexrox7 said:
There are over a 100 verses in the koran talking about violence and murder.
How can you follow the koran and be peaceful ?

When's the last time you've read Exodus or Leviticus?

cross_7":1i4mb15h said:
Birds of a feather

It would be impossible to be a good person and a muslim guided by the teachings of the koran
Anyone with a pure heart would immediately turn away from the faith after reading the koran

(Deuteronomy 20:10-14)

As you approach a town to attack it, first offer its people terms for peace. If they accept your terms and open the gates to you, then all the people inside will serve you in forced labor. But if they refuse to make peace and prepare to fight, you must attack the town. When the LORD your God hands it over to you, kill every man in the town. But you may keep for yourselves all the women, children, livestock, and other plunder. You may enjoy the spoils of your enemies that the LORD your God has given you.

(Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NLT)

If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her

(Deuteronomy 21:10-14 NAB)

"When you go out to war against your enemies and the LORD, your God, delivers them into your hand, so that you take captives, if you see a comely woman among the captives and become so enamored of her that you wish to have her as wife, you may take her home to your house. But before she may live there, she must shave her head and pare her nails and lay aside her captive's garb. After she has mourned her father and mother for a full month, you may have relations with her, and you shall be her husband and she shall be your wife. However, if later on you lose your liking for her, you shall give her her freedom, if she wishes it; but you shall not sell her or enslave her, since she was married to you under compulsion."

(Exodus 21:7-11 NLT)

When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment.

How about if guided by the teachings of the Bible?

And for the divorcees in the house:

If a man commits adultery with another man's wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death. (Leviticus 20:10 NLT)

"Then I heard the LORD say, "Follow him through the city and kill everyone whose forehead is not marked. Show no mercy; have no pity! Kill them all – old and young, girls and women and little children. But do not touch anyone with the mark. Begin your task right here at the Temple." So they began by killing the seventy leaders. "Defile the Temple!" the LORD commanded. "Fill its courtyards with the bodies of those you kill! Go!" So they went throughout the city and did as they were told." (Ezekiel 9:5-7 NLT)

This is great stuff!

Wait, wait,,, one more-

"Cursed be he who does the Lords work remissly, cursed he who holds back his sword from blood." (Jeremiah 48:10 NAB)

I don't understand your point
A diversion from the issue ?
We are talking islam and muslims
We are talking about an organization that is hell bent on killing people and a track record of doing just that
You want me to defend the old testament ?
Comparing the bible vs the koran doesn't mean a thing.
If you have an axe to grind with the bible that's your right, but that has nothing to do with the current subject

cross_7":1r2l7yrt said:
We are talking about an organization that is be nice bent on killing people and a track record of doing just that
If you have an axe to grind with the bible that's your right, but that has nothing to do with the current subject

My point is that the verses you quoted out of the Koran aren't any more vile than those I presented from the bible.

http://www.filmsforaction.org/watch/rel ... ull_movie/

cross_7":35rr7q37 said:
We are talking about an organization that is be nice bent on killing people and a track record of doing just that

Also you might note that all of those bible quotes are from the Old Testament. As a follower of Jesus I try my best to follow his teachings as opposed to those in the Old Testament. And I see none of the afore mentioned teachings being taught by Jesus. If I am wrong please enlighten me.

Latest posts