Fort Worth rodeo

Help Support CattleToday:

TexasBred":3rzgsv47 said:
First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.

I'll see your First Amendment, with well... the First Amendment and about every other one after that. Especially the part about right to life, and liberty. Wonder which political system allows for these..... The US Constitution or Sharia?

Are you going to tell me that Sharia is not a political/judicial system? or are you going to say that Sharia is not associated with Islam? or are you going to claim that the adoption and demand for sharia in the legal system of nations with significant Muslim-minorities is not an active goal of Islamist movements globally? That there are no attempts to introduce or expand sharia?

I'm curious.

Commercialfarmer":2bw4bqoy said:
James T":2bw4bqoy said:
Well, you know he's right inyati. We have around half a million muslims in Texas and a day doesn't go by without beheadings and truck loads of women being raped in the streets by Muslims.

It's interesting how a one can easily discern between say extremist Christians but just can't pull it off with other religions.

The power of the media is way out of hand.

Are the muslims you label as extreme following commands of the Koran? Yes or no?

And your logic is......?

My question you is, are the millions of peaceful Muslims followers of the Koran? Yes or no? And please post your answer by beginning a different thread.

There will 'never' be peace with these people, they don't want it ,, all you have to do is follow the trail from the father of the Arab nations. And his story is most in everyone's home..

James T":ipgx8kup said:
Commercialfarmer":ipgx8kup said:
James T":ipgx8kup said:
Well, you know he's right inyati. We have around half a million muslims in Texas and a day doesn't go by without beheadings and truck loads of women being raped in the streets by Muslims.

It's interesting how a one can easily discern between say extremist Christians but just can't pull it off with other religions.

Are the muslims you label as extreme following commands of the Koran? Yes or no?

And your logic is......?

My question you is, are the millions of peaceful Muslims followers of the Koran? Yes or no? And please post your answer by beginning a different thread.

There are over a 100 verses in the koran talking about violence and murder.
How can you follow the koran and be peaceful ?

Bigfoot":yhm7ome2 said:
I would like to know with some degree of certainty if the FWSSR is produced by the government, or if it is private.

My apologies Bigfoot for being one of the individuals that hijacked your thread.

To answer your question:

FORT WORTH STOCK SHOW SYNDICATE
This group organized in 1980 as an independent 501(c)(3) to solicit buyers of animals, predominately steers that are sold at public auction at our Junior Sale of Champions. This Committee has approximately 100 members. There are approximately six Committee meetings beginning in October concluding with their wrap up meeting in the spring. The commitments this Committee solicits range from $500 to presently over $100,000 for the Grand Champion Steer.

This syndicate also hosts many other events including the Rodeo and all of the events have various committees to make the event happen.

For the Rodeo there is a committee to select individuals to give the invocation (Blessing) before the event begins. Historically, these individuals have been various Christian leaders. In the spirit of "diversity" the powers that be decided to create a faith based advisory council to invite leaders from other faiths for the invocation. A Jewish Rabbi is also one of the deliverers of the invocations now.

In an effort to appeal to the more diverse crowd that attends the rodeo now, the committee decide to invite a local Imam for one of the invocations. While there was no issue during the Imam's public blessing, there was a lot verbal backlash on Facebook and other media after the event. This is one reply, from I gather a Stock Show Representative on Facebook:

"We would like to take this opportunity to separate fact from fiction:

There was never a Muslim prayer – or a prayer of any specific religion at the Stock Show this year.

Because the Stock Show is an annual community event that attracts many visitors from around the world, country and state each year, last spring, we established a faith-based committee consisting of a wide range of local clergy. We based our decision on and selected our participants from the Mayor's Faith Cabinet Directory. We invited each participant to provide a one-minute prayer to include the safety of the contestants, animals and participants, the military men and women and world peace. Committee members include: a Cowboy Church pastor, a Catholic priest, TCU Brite Divinity School students, a member of the Clergy and Police Alliance, Christ Chapel Bible Church clergy, a Baptist minister, a Rabbi and an Imam. Last Sunday evening the Imam provided a very appropriate blessing as outlined above.

In addition to the daily pre-rodeo prayers, we hold Cowboy Church each Sunday as we have for decades."

Commercialfarmer":h30uwhje said:
Ron, where have I said anything about killing anyone for their views?

What is so scary about discussing actual facts of historical events? What is so uncomfortable that there is need to create a false argument (placing something in my statements that does not exist) ?

Who is bringing up killing people? Answer- Ron's modern day crusade and well, James wanting to dispatch of all zealots.

Maybe I see where you are scared now, being a self claimed Atheist zealot... why didn't you call James out?

Wonder who gets to classify zealots?

More modern day tolerance?.... tolerance of your view only? That is what is so hilarious. A real conversation about islam is such a no, no with most atheists... that to me is funny.

I thought being the zealous atheist Ron, you might bring more to the discussion besides attempting to in general discredit the intelligence of those that don't agree with you.... rather disappointing.

Why not show me where I wanted anyone to die, solely because of their religion... its quite contrary to my beliefs (see my post above). Disagreeing with doctrines is not the same as hating someone, or wishing them death.

I'll be waiting for the quotes.

CF, I read your posts regularly as they interest me. In doing so, I have come to my opinion that you have a good measure of native intelligence. Therefore, you should know without asking, that my message is rhetorical.

In regard to your other questions, I see no benefit to you, others or me in providing a response.

BTW: May just be idle interest but I often search for your messages. I find them entertaining. I notice you are very episodic in your posting habits. I have thought that your employment accounts for that. You frequently post late at night. You and I had that debate about anatomy and it led me to wonder if you work in the health care industry. When I made reference to your cognitive skills, I was being sarcastic but in sarcasm there is truth. Your written communications are often not lucid because you do not focus on the fundamentals. You often mix too many lines of thought in your point of view. Edit out all that you can so that the primary message gets through. There is a fundamental principle in written communication: If you are not writing a book in which you have the space and time to develop your thesis, then sacrifice all unnecessary points of view in order to communicate the central point.

cross_7":123xnql5 said:
In the US you have the freedom of religion and no one should infringe on that right unless of course your religion practices beheading unsuspecting middle aged women
No one has said they can't practice their religion (just not beheading and sex with children)

The FTW stock show and it's vendors are having pressure applied to them for providing a platform for said religion

It's quite simple really
Normal people don't like people that behead other people or that have sexual intercourse with children
They have an issue with any organization that provides a platform for them to promote their lifestyle

And this whole thread started because you didnt' think a muslim should be allowed to say a prayer at the event. Christianity has been beheading, burning and killing since it's beginning as well.

inyati13":12z2eu8w said:
I got the Plan. Start a modern day Crusade. Kill'em all let Allah sort'em out.

Onward Christian soldiers, marching as to war
With the cross of Jesus going on before

Please don't take me serious. I am making fun of the radical commentary!!!

Me too...sort of being the devil's advocate again. Amazing how God, guns and my constitutional rights are great ideas when it's me being looked out for......allow someone else those same rights and you're meddling. I hope all you sanctimonious folks had a wonderful worship service this morning filled with love, forgiveness, and teaching OTHERS how to live like Christ.

I"m done...have fun folks.

Commercialfarmer":3lwhlcee said:
James T":3lwhlcee said:

He didn't mention extremist muslims...only extremist christians.

BTW:Deuteronomy 17
If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the LORD thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the LORD thy God, in transgressing his covenant; 17:3 And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded; 17:4 And it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel; 17:5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.

TexasBred":1w4bwukr said:
inyati13":1w4bwukr said:
I got the Plan. Start a modern day Crusade. Kill'em all let Allah sort'em out.

Onward Christian soldiers, marching as to war
With the cross of Jesus going on before

Please don't take me serious. I am making fun of the radical commentary!!!

Me too...sort of being the devil's advocate again. Amazing how God, guns and my constitutional rights are great ideas when it's me being looked out for......allow someone else those same rights and you're meddling. I hope all you sanctimonious folks had a wonderful worship service this morning filled with love, forgiveness, and teaching OTHERS how to live like Christ.

I"m done...have fun folks.
Amen

TexasBred":1mzzmevz said:
cross_7":1mzzmevz said:
In the US you have the freedom of religion and no one should infringe on that right unless of course your religion practices beheading unsuspecting middle aged women
No one has said they can't practice their religion (just not beheading and sex with children)

The FTW stock show and it's vendors are having pressure applied to them for providing a platform for said religion

It's quite simple really
Normal people don't like people that behead other people or that have sexual intercourse with children
They have an issue with any organization that provides a platform for them to promote their lifestyle

And this whole thread started because you didnt' think a muslim should be allowed to say a prayer at the event. Christianity has been beheading, burning and killing since it's beginning as well.

Exactly TB.

And cross7, the Fort Worth Rodeo DID NOT give the speaker a platform to promote the muslin lifestyle. If they had, all heck would have broke loose while he spoke. The brouhaha only ensued after people realized that he was of the muslin faith after he said the prayer.

Y'all can spin it however you want and you can embrace evil if you choose.
You can criticize and call me out all you want, but read the koran or even better yet actions speak louder then words.
They have made themselves clear as to what the muslim religion is about .

More specifically, the Imam selected to pray during the opening ceremonies of one of the rodeos at this year's stock show, Moujahed M. Bakhach, is on record as a judge for Sharia Law, board of advisers and attorney for the Muslim Legal Fund of America, which has well documented ties to convicted terrorists and major terror supporters, pictured in numerous publications hugging and showing support of multiple individuals who were currently on trial for supporting terrorism groups like Hamas

TexasBred":3aa9jqm1 said:
Christianity has been beheading, burning and killing since it's beginning as well.

Yep. But when that happens, not every other denomination is rationalizing why it happened. Nor do the condone it world wide.

They're all peaceful except for a few radicals. They're muslims that follow the teaching of the koran except for the bad stuff murder, violence, sex with children, women's rights and etc

A person is not guilty of a crime they did not commit because they think or harbor evil thoughts. They must take one more step to be guilty - they must commit a crime or carry out an act. Regardless of how heinous their thoughts or beliefs are. Advocating "convert or death" is not a crime until the ultimatum is enforced. That is what FREEDOM is all about.

Terrorist are being hunted down and killed for the acts they commit. That is as it should be. The world is in the midst of a terrorist war. It is not a religious war, at least, not yet! In the context that this thread was started, I assume some users do not want the same FREEDOMS extended to followers of the Islamic faith that the rest of us enjoy. To me that is punishing the innocent with the guilty.

inyati13":2sk78nyx said:
A person is not guilty of a crime they did not commit because they think or harbor evil thoughts. They must take one more step to be guilty - they must commit a crime or carry out an act. Regardless of how heinous their thoughts or beliefs are. Advocating "convert or death" is not a crime until the ultimatum is enforced. That is what FREEDOM is all about.

Terrorist are being hunted down and killed for the acts they commit. That is as it should be. The world is in the midst of a terrorist war. It is not a religious war, at least, not yet! In the context that this thread was started, I assume some users do not want the same FREEDOMS extended to followers of the Islamic faith that the rest of us enjoy. To me that is punishing the innocent with the guilty.

Inyati13, I just want to say I understand your position on this entire subject. "Why" you feel the way you do makes sense to me. What I don't understand is people who profess themselves as Christain advocating for people who want them dead.

Thank you for your perspectives. I have stood and witness Native American ceremonies that were different than my own beliefs. But these folks have their rights and I am honored to be amongst them.

Birds of a feather

It would be impossible to be a good person and a muslim guided by the teachings of the koran
Anyone with a pure heart would immediately turn away from the faith after reading the koran

Latest posts