Fort Worth rodeo

Help Support CattleToday:

I think in one of the links it said that the organization that puts on the rodeo is a 501c3? organization. If they are taking a tax break there rules may be different.

melking":34nr3dir said:
Most importantly, if we were all thrown together in a big room....We would all get along. There would most likely not be any fist fights, nor much name calling, not even in sidelong glances.

Cross_7, you know dang well what would happen, and no I don't think you would be safe. I seen on Fox news that the muslim terrorist burned someone to death today. Guess cutting their head off was to humane. You might be right Melking, but I wouldn't bet the farm on it. This has turned into a good discussion, hopefully it stays that way. The majority rules in this country, and over 70% happen to be Christians.

cross_7":2ba2uv7e said:
What would happen in Deaborn Michigan if I wanted to lead a prayer at one of the Muslim festivities ?
Would I be safe ?

Implicit is that you feel a rodeo is a 'Christian festivity?'

bulldurham":4tbtwk9n said:
cross_7":4tbtwk9n said:
What would happen in Deaborn Michigan if I wanted to lead a prayer at one of the Muslim festivities ?
Would I be safe ?

Honestly I believe the majority at those type of events are Christians
Although the Imam wasn't welcome I don't think his safety was in jepordy
I read where Bob Tallman said he thought the prayer was appropriate, so that tells me people are willing to accept the good
You don see the backlash for the other religions that were invited
Most accept the different religions and beliefs
With the violent track record of the muslims, people are against them and don't want to have anything to do with them
A lot are afraid for their safety and that's why they are shunned

bulldurham":19nia6h1 said:

I believe it is a step farther than that, and mean no disrespect to you by pointing at anything.

Implicit is non-violent non-estrimist peaceful muslims. They want to take part in festivities. Bridge gaps and provide understanding of their religion and ways.

Explicit is found when you follow their money.

alisonb":ci69j6qr said:
I have a question. Why have a prayer at the rodeo if it is known it will cause discord, why not say your own silent prayer or leave it for church where you have people of the same religious beliefs?
That is the policy adopted widely by both public and private institutions.

inyati13":3i1pmq5p said:
alisonb":3i1pmq5p said:
I have a question. Why have a prayer at the rodeo if it is known it will cause discord, why not say your own silent prayer or leave it for church where you have people of the same religious beliefs?

As I stated earlier I have hear lots of prayers at lots of rodeos all over the Western half or this country and in Canada. They are all pretty darn generic. They could have been written by a Jewish Rabbi, a Catholic priest, or a Methodist preacher and you would never know the difference. When Bob Tallman says the prayer was appropriate I believe him. He has certainly heard more of these pre rodeo prayers than I have. I believe the out cry over a Muslim being added to the mix is because of what a segment of that religion is doing. Add to that the fact that the so called peaceful Muslims have been silent. The fact is that there have been more Muslims killed by these people than Christians. Where is the out cry? When the was marching happening in Paris were there also marches in the French Muslim communities? That person who was burned to death by ISIS was a pilot from Jordan. He was most likely a Muslim. Those peace loving Muslims in Jordan and around the world need to stop loving peace so much and become a part of the effort to wipe out these killer. If and when that ever happens a Muslim might very well be welcome to say a prayer at a rodeo.

alisonb":34jgvtw4 said:

I guess I misunderstood the question
The only discord I'm aware of is muslim prayer
When your riding rough stock and realize your mortality, you'll find religion and whisper a prayer and welcome all prayers for your safety

Dave":11uyfx3f said:
inyati13":11uyfx3f said:
alisonb":11uyfx3f said:

As I stated earlier I have hear lots of prayers at lots of rodeos all over the Western half or this country and in Canada. They are all pretty darn generic. They could have been written by a Jewish Rabbi, a Catholic priest, or a Methodist preacher and you would never know the difference. When Bob Tallman says the prayer was appropriate I believe him. He has certainly heard more of these pre rodeo prayers than I have. I believe the out cry over a Muslim being added to the mix is because of what a segment of that religion is doing. Add to that the fact that the so called peaceful Muslims have been silent. The fact is that there have been more Muslims killed by these people than Christians. Where is the out cry? When the was marching happening in Paris were there also marches in the French Muslim communities? That person who was burned to death by ISIS was a pilot from Jordan. He was most likely a Muslim. Those peace loving Muslims in Jordan and around the world need to stop loving peace so much and become a part of the effort to wipe out these killer. If and when that ever happens a Muslim might very well be welcome to say a prayer at a rodeo.
Dave your post makes more sense than the other 314,000 pages. :D People were jumping up and down and condemning this decision (and the Emam) before he ever opened his mouth and said the first word of prayer or blessing and before the knew the first fact about him as an individual. All in a land that prides itself on promoting freedom of religon, freedom of speech, freedom of expression, interfaith activities, interracial activities, love of all mankind and as a majority also claims to follow the teachings of Jesus. (When convenient I guess).

I've been doing some soul searching
If this crosses the line please delete or pm me

What did Jesus do when he heard John the Baptist was beheaded ?

inyati13":3mkdlsrg said:
alisonb":3mkdlsrg said:

And I suspect that in the near future the same will occur with many of the large public events such as the rodeo. There was a time when rodeo's were just attended by those directly connected to farming and ranching but if you have been to a rodeo in a large city lately you would see the diversity among the paying crowd.

Dave, there have been responses to terrorist activity from many peaceful muslim organizations in the US. The media doesn't often air them.

James T":26fxy1zd said:
inyati13":26fxy1zd said:
alisonb":26fxy1zd said:

And I suspect that in the near future the same will occur with many of the large public events such as the rodeo. There was a time when rodeo's were just attended by those directly connected to farming and ranching but if you have been to a rodeo in a large city lately you would see the diversity among the paying crowd.

Dave, there have been responses to terrorist activity from many peaceful muslim organizations in the US. The media doesn't often air them.

I agree. Islam has been the focus of this thread but the issue is much broader. It raised its head in the school systems years ago when parents began objecting to having their children participate in religious practices the parents did not endorse. Ultimately religious practice was removed from the public schools. Even within Protestant denominations, parents object to certain practices of other denominations. IMO, religious practice should be conducted when and where the method and manner of worship does not impose on the religious rights of another group. Even though I personally am an atheist, I support the rights of others to worship as they see fit as long as it does not unduly impose on the rights of others.

Do you fear Christanity and the resulting laws imposed upon this land by the pilgrims and all others to migrated here in the earlier centuries?

Do you prefer Islam and Sharia Law?

I don't think we will convert to atheism. Although we appear to have made great strides in that direction.

What is your preference?

If I go to a Catholic church I pray my way, when I'm at a Jehovah's witness church I pray my way. When I've been in a synagogue I prayed my way. I was in a Baptist church today and I prayed my way. If I ever go to a mooslimb place I will pray my way. Our right as a nation is to allow freedom of choice as long as my choice is not infringed or another faith is forced onto the people of this nation it will be ok. I don't have to listen to other beliefs I am a grown man and can choose what I want to listen too.

I'll come out, and say it. Here is what I think: Stuff like this gets started from an alterive motive. Somebody doesn't like public prayer, so somebody complains. Somebody listens, because we live in a "sensitive" world. In an attempt to appease every single person on the face of the earth, a committee is formed. The committee decides to get one of every kind invited. This in turns upsets the majority. The majority is then labeled as cynical, and insensitive. A compromise is reached. The prayer is exchanged for a moment of silence. The moment of silence in turn silences the prayer.

I can see that working on a prayer before a town council meeting, but this was a prayer at a rodeo. No separation of church and state is needed, because the state is not involved.

M5farm":14id289r said:
If I go to a Catholic church I pray my way, when I'm at a Jehovah's witness church I pray my way. When I've been in a synagogue I prayed my way. I was in a Baptist church today and I prayed my way. If I ever go to a mooslimb place I will pray my way. Our right as a nation is to allow freedom of choice as long as my choice is not infringed or another faith is forced onto the people of this nation it will be ok. I don't have to listen to other beliefs I am a grown man and can choose what I want to listen too.

That's my line that I use daily, but I say I'm a grown ass man I can ....

BF there is no seperation of church and state. Only that that state can not dictate a religious preference. Anybody can pray out loud at any state or governmental function if they want . It's up to the listeners to discern whether it pertains to them or not.

TennesseeTuxedo":3v7urp2o said:
I'll take What is Christianity for $500 Alex.

Ok, TT, let's have Christianity for $500 and the chance to move on to the second round and the first time a penguin has made it this far. Tux name the 12 disciples!

M5farm":3ry6to4g said:

Indeed!!!!!

Re: Past time for wholesale killing of ISIS

Postby M5farm » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:58 pm
I have no tolorance for murderers or terrorist, I don't care if they worship Jesus, Buddha, Mohammad, the devil ,Charles Manson, trees , cows, birds or dirt. They are terrorist and they deserve a They same type of punishment they are giving. Can someone please tell me who the terrorists are worshiping.

I don't believe ISIS is worshipping anything except their having absolute control over the region. Some of the worst of the worst.

Latest posts