Fort Worth rodeo

Help Support CattleToday:

I love analyzing demographics.

Would you say that as income/level of education increases, the number of individuals who align themselves with Jerry Lewis' opinions increases or decreases?

Instead of generalizations and trying to dehumanize someone on financial status or education, why not discuss what particular statements you don't agree with and why.

A family too poor to send a kid to college because of a tragedy doesn't have the same right to an opinion as a high rolling drug dealer or corrupt professional?

Are you more of a fan of aristocracy?

Wonder if your opinion would count when we start drawing up the classes.

What don't you agree with and why?

Education come from many sources. What do you consider to be a well educated person. What income level does it take to get there? Some of the most smartest people I know never finished high school. One of the richest people I have knew didn't finish high school. Most people would have never knew how wealthy he was.

James T":g389lze8 said:
melking":g389lze8 said:
cross_7":g389lze8 said:
I've been doing some soul searching
If this crosses the line please delete or pm me

What did Jesus do when he heard John the Baptist was beheaded ?

I am usually not dense but I am not sure of your meaning here Cross?

Matthew 14:13

James, I know what the bible say jesus did, I don't understand the reference cross made to making people mad?

cross_7 said:

What did Jesus do when he heard John the Baptist was beheaded ?[/ both knew their predistend places.. Like John the baptiser said, he must increase while I decrease ..it was already in place..

I don't want to get this locked or deleted so I won't quote verses
He didn't rain down hell and damnation on Herod

Matthew 14:23
Mark 6:34
Matthew 14:23
Matthew 5:11

Red Bull Breeder":2kuis22c said:
Education come from many sources. What do you consider to be a well educated person. What income level does it take to get there? Some of the most smartest people I know never finished high school. One of the richest people I have knew didn't finish high school. Most people would have never knew how wealthy he was.

Old Bill Gates made a dollar or three without a plaque on the wall.

A degree doesn't impart wisdom. If we got back to honoring our elders, it would do a world of good.

cross_7 said:
He didn't rain down be nice and damnation on Herod
He didn't want to die on the cross either..we can't read the Bible like a comic book at walmart...its deeper than we can grasp...

Moved from Foe list thread

TexasBred":3qe00s3m said:
Depends on whether it is truly your faith or just a front for being the terrorist your really are. The ones that make the news are nothing but killers....faith doesn't matter. They don't need a reason...only an opportunity. Betcha 10% of them can't even read.

Wonder if there is a common thread of the non industrialized and highly illiterate countries in that area?

Is is true that the ones willing to pay the ultimate cost, kill themselves for their faith, don't believe in it? They don't have faith that there will be 72 virgins waiting for them?

I can't get a handle on this. Just to keep things straight, let's call the terrorists non-muslimT for terrorist, and normal unbelievers non-muslims.

So what you are saying is that the non-muslimsT are killing the non-muslims because they don't have faith, in the muslim religion that the non-muslimsT claim to believe in but in reality don't believe in it either? So in actuality they are killing people for having the same beliefs?

I gonna have to move to Colorado or Oregon to get all this straight.

ALACOWMAN":uw75a8dq said:
cross_7":uw75a8dq said:
He didn't rain down be nice and damnation on Herod
He didn't want to die on the cross either..we can't read the Bible like a comic book at walmart...its deeper than we can grasp...

I agree 100%
That's what I meant when I said I've been doing some soul searching
I know right from wrong. I know when I see wrong and the weak being abused I need to step in and stop it

Commercialfarmer":3erdu5c0 said:

TexasBred":3erdu5c0 said:
Depends on whether it is truly your faith or just a front for being the terrorist your really are. The ones that make the news are nothing but killers....faith doesn't matter. They don't need a reason...only an opportunity. Betcha 10% of them can't even read.

Wonder if there is a common thread of the non industrialized and highly illiterate countries in that area?

Is is true that the ones willing to pay the ultimate cost, kill themselves for their faith, don't believe in it? They don't have faith that there will be 72 virgins waiting for them?

I can't get a handle on this. Just to keep things straight, let's call the terrorists non-muslimT for terrorist, and normal unbelievers non-muslims.

So what you are saying is that the non-muslimsT are killing the non-muslims because they don't have faith, in the muslim religion that the non-muslimsT claim to believe in but in reality don't believe in it either? So in actuality they are killing people for having the same beliefs?

You're smarter than that. No need for games.

melking":3kuznchl said:
James T":3kuznchl said:
melking":3kuznchl said:

What did Jesus do when he heard John the Baptist was beheaded ?

I am usually not dense but I am not sure of your meaning here Cross?

Matthew 14:13

James, I know what the bible say jesus did, I don't understand the reference cross made to making people mad?[/quote]

Ok, but I didn't know so posted it in case someone else might figure out the reasoning behind the comment. In any case, I think Cross explained it afterwords.

TexasBred":1knlhwh8 said:
Commercialfarmer":1knlhwh8 said:

TexasBred":1knlhwh8 said:

It does seem that way given many of the arguments. Taking the "scene" in the Middle East and attempting to overlay it on the Muslim community in the states just doesn't work. To do so means one HAS to explain why the same behaviors are not occurring in the states by the Muslim community that exists here.

TB, I would agree that most of the terrorists fight because of power and many others out of learned hate for the West. Their warped translation of the Koran just offers an excuse.

TexasBred":1cnt9xk8 said:
Commercialfarmer":1cnt9xk8 said:

TexasBred":1cnt9xk8 said:

James, I'll turn the situation around on myself first. I may contribute in less direct ways- financially support causes along with other means. I believe the message in it's entirety. Doesn't mean that I will physically act on the ultimate sacrifice if it came down to it. I might very likely fall into a non-action category, if you will. Though I've assisted others to be daring, I might bow out. There is a command to go out into the dark, the places void of good. Our own inner city war zones, the disease filled areas of Africa, and the war-torn, terrorist infected places we're talking about. That's scary! Not everyone is going to jump on it. Though I or many others may not have put our life on the line ("radical"), some people do and some in the future will- possibly me?

"Radical" Islam has similar situation. Some contribute in less direct ways, some may not act but approve whole hardheartedly, and some.... I don't know what percent of the population, may not accept the original message. If the original message is still tied to the person/community, then the dangers in it are still present for future converts to aspire to. If each new generation does't reject the violent aspects, there will always be potential for terrorism.

Those that plan a more direct attack on our society, the plan is sometimes much into the future. Caliphate world domination can't happen overnight, it is a generational objective. So far it is 1400'ish years in the making. Part of the objective is just simply populating an area first. It's a rather remarkable and thought out process. If it wasn't for all the infighting, the world might already be facing mecca 5 times a day.

TB, :lol: I sincerely had the same sentiment.

Maybe we should call the people that accept the message in it's entirety (the entire koran and hadith) Muslims, whether they have acted terrorist like, contributed in less direct ways, or just simply approve of it. They are the most faithful to the whole and original message of Islam.

The people that don't accept the entirety of the message, the ones that say they reject the violent aspects, if they truly renounce the violence in all shapes and fashion and not secretly revel in the spread of Islam through it's waring devices, they should remove all commands and acceptance of violence from their message. And maybe we should call them something else. This isn't a moderation, it is an acceptance of only part of the original message. It is a deviation, something has been removed. TB, I agree that these people exist, I would not say they are more faithful, and maybe that's not what you meant. Because of them and because of all the people caught up that just want peace, and even those that just might change, I wouldn't want to see the entire region made into glass. Doesn't mean I don't support national self defense.

It does seem that way given many of the arguments. Taking the "scene" in the Middle East and attempting to overlay it on the Muslim community in the states just doesn't work. To do so means one HAS to explain why the same behaviors are not occurring in the states by the Muslim community that exists here.

James, come on man use your thought process. The reason why it's not so wide spread in the USA.
1. We are armed and will fight back, for the time being.
2. We are the majority, as in Christians. There's way more of us than them, for now.
3.We still have a military and police force that's mostly Christian, and serves the public, not a king or leader.
4. Intelligence, we're spying on the muslims 24-7. But we still need more.

Latest posts